• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World of Disney Passholder Sale Saturday, June 6

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

:thumright: Just a reminder for all Passholders who will be in the WDW area this coming Saturday... World of Disney is having a Passholder only sale starting at 6:30 am (yes, early morning) on Saturday, June 6. According to the Mickey Monitor, there will be gifts to the first 1,000 guests, super secret surprise merchandise at the registers, door busters marked with yellow baloons and 50% off select merchandise marked with blue balloons. Since I just received my birthday gift card this week, I plan to be there early to spend the "free" $75!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

If you're willing to get up early, kudos to you....I heard great things about the last sale like this they had

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Ugh...sounds too much like Black Friday for my tastes. Have fun!
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

It actually wasn't all that bad. When I got in line at 6:25 the line went all the way around all 4 sides of the building (only one door was allocated for entry only). Once they started letting folks in promptly at 6:30, the line moved pretty quickly and I was in the store by 7:00. Great prices on the sale items!!!! My free gift was a Disney Cruise Line beach towel with a cute design. Mouse ears for $2, a number of T-shirts for half (or more off), bunch of Christmas stuff for really cheap (like plushes for $5), half off on selected watches, a travel mug & a bunch of other stuff I wasn't interested in ike home goods, kids stuff, photo albums, etc. All Celebrate Everyday merchandise was 50% off. I would do it again for the deals but it just depends on what they have on sale and what you're looking for. The store was pretty packed but everyone I encountered was pleasant and having fun bargain hunting so it was a positive experience!

Did anyone else go?
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:24 AM

I spoke to Colin and Glenn yesterday and they were unimpesed by it. I'll let them post their own comments but it sounded like it wasn't worth getting up for.

Don't forget for those looking for a real deal on Disney parks merchandise to check out the Disney outlet store in the Orlando Premium Outlets (outside DTD about a 5 minute car ride from DTD). Great parks merchandise can be found there for cheap.

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:00 AM

There is also another outlet store at Lake Buena Vista Outlets SR535 south of SR536 that sometimes has good stuff. Haven't been there in a while but the merchandise is sporatic; sometimes cool stuff and other time all "junk". I guess part of what made my deal even sweeter at the Passholder sale was that I used my Birthday Gift Card so I got a large bag of stuff for "free".... I wasn't over bowled over with a lot of the stuff only because it's stuff I don't want like baby clothes, photo albums, etc but there were some good deals if they happened to have stuff you wanted.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

I read Glen's report on the sale. It does sound disappointing. I personally really enjoy outlet malls, but you have to be lucky to get some good stuff.
I guess Disney isn't feeling the crisis as much anymore. I remember the t-shirt and christmas sale they had. It sounds like this World of Disney sale was nothing compared to that.
It it a shame though, especially for people that came especially for this event.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

View Postsquishybear, on Jun 11 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

I remember the t-shirt and christmas sale they had. It sounds like this World of Disney sale was nothing compared to that.
It it a shame though, especially for people that came especially for this event.

That was a sale that was unparalleled in terms of it's value.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users