Studios Central: Children no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Children no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:27 PM

From AOL News:

ORLANDO, Fla. (Jan. 5) - The home of Mickey Mouse, Tigger and Tinkerbell has banned kids from its fanciest restaurant.

Beginning this week, children under 10 are no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Victoria & Albert's is Walt Disney World's only restaurant with an AAA five-diamond rating.

"We want to be the restaurant that's available for that adult experience," said general manager Israel Perez.

Only about three families a month ever brought young children to Victoria & Albert's, said Rosemary Rose, Disney's vice president for food, beverage and merchandise operations.

Men are required to wear jackets, and women must wear dresses or pantsuits. The hushed atmosphere features live harp music, and the menu, which changes daily, offers seven-course dinners that can last as long as three hours. Prices start at $125 a person.

Rose noted that there are plenty of dining options for families at Disney, which World has 97 other full-service restaurants.

Even though I'm not a kid, at $125 a plate, and the requirement of wearing jackets, I wouldn't eat at Victoria & Albert's. :)
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

I ate there for the first time last trip, and honestly, I can't imagine someone thinking their kid would enjoy that. We loved it because the food was excellent, but for a 3 year old, spending 2-3 hours in a dark room, listening to people talking quietly and harp music--I have to think it would be torture.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

I don't see a problem. This is one restaurant (and an expensive one at that) and anyone who wants to bring kids there is crazy. It's not like they banned kids from the Crystal Palace.

#4 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

Why would anyone take a kid there in the first place?
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#5 User is offline   biblio 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

I figured that everyone here would apprecaite this post:
http://passamaquoddy.blog.com/2505183/

Glenn is a very creative and funny guy...

#6 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, I'm sure ONE adult-only restaurant in one of the largest child-friendly locations in the world is really going to spoil someone's vacation. I'm sure there are a fair share of obliviously wealthy parents that dragged their toddlers into this restaurant and were upset that peanut butter and jelly were not on the menu, but oh well.

#7 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

I'm having a bit of an issue with people that have a problem with this change...there is not a children's menu, meals can take up to 3 hours and the meals start at $125.

What part of this indicates that it's a place you'd take young kids?
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users