Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NYC Getting World of Disney Store

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts to Bring A Piece of Disney's Theme Park Magic to New York City

May 13, 2004

World of Disney to Open in October 2004

BURBANK, CA /PRNewswire/ -- The beloved Disney characters will have a new home away from home on New York City's historic Fifth Avenue. Beginning October 2004, some of the most adored Disney characters will meet and greet New York's residents and visitors every day.

The Disney Store located at 711 Fifth Avenue will close for renovations on Thursday, May 13, 2004. The store will re-open in October with a new look, new product offerings, and a new name -- World of Disney. Like its counterparts at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida and at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, the World of Disney will be operated by the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts merchandise team.

"The Walt Disney Company has a long-standing commitment to New York City, and as a native New Yorker I am particularly proud to reaffirm that commitment," said Jay Rasulo, President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "We are dedicated to making the World of Disney location on Fifth Avenue a flagship statement for our organization."

The new World of Disney on Fifth Avenue will offer uniquely Disney entertainment experiences throughout the day, and will include Disney characters. The World of Disney will also feature one-of-a-kind merchandise offerings including New York City-specific fashions.

"We are thrilled to bring Disney storytelling, entertainment and a taste of our world-famous theme park experience to New York City," said Rasulo. "We anticipate that the World of Disney will become a magical destination in the midst of the Big Apple."

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:42 PM

Can't wait to see what they do with it. Didn't get a chance to stop there my last trip but have several times before.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

Most likely it'll be the same store but with characters but I guess we'll see. Hopefully more emphasis on the parks than the characters

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:18 AM

Matt, get a job there :lol: They fired everyone, and they will all have re apply for the jobs come October.

#5 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:57 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Matt, get a job there ;) They fired everyone, and they will all have re apply for the jobs come October.

Uh really!? What a way to 'transition'.

#6 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:11 AM

Because World of Disney is going make them all Walt Disney World CMs from what I understand. They will no longer be Disney Store CMs. I know that they were having some big internal problems at that store with their management.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:29 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Matt, get a job there ;) They fired everyone, and they will all have re apply for the jobs come October.

Yes, what a great way to make good use of the $80,000 I spent on college....getting a minimum wage job! :roll: ;) Although with the way things are going right now, that isn't a bad idea

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:05 PM

QuickGold said:

Yes, what a great way to make good use of the $80,000 I spent on college....getting a minimum wage job! :roll: ;) Although with the way things are going right now, that isn't a bad idea

Its a great idea... FREE Disney Tix! Great Discounts.... you get the picture.

#9 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 17 May 2004 - 02:25 PM

That's a pretty cool idea for a store. Hopefully, it works out for the best for the mouse.
-Josh

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users