Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Caribbean Beach Resort

#1 User is offline   sgshredder33 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

I am planning a trip to wdw in June.We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Well we are traveling with the elderly and I was wondering what do you guys think is the best building to stay at? (We want it to be close to old port royale and fairly early on the bus stop)

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hmmmm. Haven't stayed at the Caribbean in many, many years. I think it was 1988 or 1989 - not long after it opened - so I can't help you with this question because I don't remember it all that well...sorry...
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

Definitely ask for Martinique or Trinidad North and be sure to ask for a room close to Port Royale. A good Disney travel agent can really make the entire effort of getting you the room you want much easier :D

#4 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

QuickGold said:

Definitely ask for Martinique or Trinidad North and be sure to ask for a room close to Port Royale. A good Disney travel agent can really make the entire effort of getting you the room you want much easier :D

Agreed. If memory serves, Aruba is right across the bridge from Port Royale and a good spot as well. But its been awhile...
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#5 User is offline   sgshredder33 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

#6 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

sgshredder33 said:

I am planning a trip to wdw in June.We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Well we are traveling with the elderly and I was wondering what do you guys think is the best building to stay at? (We want it to be close to old port royale and fairly early on the bus stop)

One big problem is the Port Royale is one of the last bus stops, but people that get on there rarely get a seat. So if you are traveling with elderly that will need to sit, that's not a good bus stop. I really like Jamaica. It's right over the bridge, so it's close enough to Port Royale for getting something to eat, but far enough away from all the main pool and food court foot traffic. Also it's one of the first bus stops, so you always get a seat. I've stayed there at the Caribbean Beach resort at least 4 times and it's one of my favorites. I haven't been there for a few years because I wanted to gives some other resorts a try. Have a great time.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#7 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

I've stayed there a few times, most recently in Oct 08. The only suggestion I have be sure to request a first floor room. There are no elevators and some of the rooms can be quite the distance from the stairs. I was there in May 07 w/my kids, sans hubby. Let me just say, that I was glad that I workout. I ran those steps countless times carrying luggage, children, strollers, food etc. It was very tiring.

As far as which island, if you can, do Martinique. It is the most conveniently located for Port Royale and the Custom House. It is the last stop, but people are kind. Someone will move if it is full. People have moved for me when I'm carrying a sleeping child, it is always appreciated.

#8 User is offline   sparklesscull 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

I was there a few months Ago, I have stayed at barbatos and Aruba, The bus stop for Aruba I think was #4 I never had to worrie about a seat. , I liked it there the best it was very Quite! Had a nice beach you could hang out at. Do get a first floor room! It is a bit of a walk to Port Royle but it a beautifull one! I enjoyed it very much! Barbatos had to many kids for my liking they had a small slide set up at the quite pool. dont know if it is still there though?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users