Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWW # 2

#1 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

My wife and I showed up at MGM bright and early on Friday morning (6:45) and there was already a line for Ray Park. We ended up getting into his second session of signing, which was perfectly fine due to the fact that we like to stay for the parade and talk shows on Friday. The merchandise lines did not look near as crowded as they did on the first weekend but I have been more interested in the autographs so I'm not sure about that.
Ray Park also put on an exibition with a group of about 50 kids at 6:00 p.m., so my wife and I decided to stay for this show as well. I was hoping to see more martial arts than he showed, however it was still worth staying around and seeing. Any time you put that many kids on a stage in front of a full crowd you are bound to be entertained.
Sat. we awoke at the same time and the Ray Park autograph line was already double the length that it was on fri. We decided not to wait in that line because we did not want to be at MGM all day again and opted for Daniel Logan. We met him at 10:30 A.M. and went back to our Villa for a nap.
Sun. I got us up an hour earlier so we could meet Ray Park again before we left for home and all though we were lined up at 5:30 we still did not get in to meet him until 1:55 P.m. (second session) so we left and played mini-golf to waste some time before the signing.

In retrospect, so far I have enjoyed my time at SWW this year. After comming back every year, this seems to be the most layed back year for me so far. Partly due to the fact that the events have been getting smaller and smaller I can actually leave and do other things during the days without feeling like I'm missing anything. I am a big fan of the new line up system except on extra magic hour days. Years ago I drove up early with a friend who had never been to SWW just to meet Temuera Morrison. We arrived in plenty of time to get a wrist band for an autograph, only to find out the resort guests got in early and had already wiped them out. We were very disappointed at this, so from that point on I have always stayed on Disney Property when I go. Now all of the sudden the fact that I have paid extra to stay At a Disney Resort does not matter. Not only that but I have paid for extra nights (thursday night) just to get in for emh, when I live close enough to drive down every friday morning and save the money. I think that it is wrong that we who pay disney for there services are getting the shaft by native Orlandoins who go line up at 3:00 am on friday morning because emh does not matter to the autograph lines anymore. They should either have two lines on friday or sell a SWW resort package where if you stay at the resort just for SWW you can recieve one fast pass for each guest per family. I would pay regular price for a resort instead of passholder rates for something like that. Anyway sorry about the rant. I do feel like lining up outside is more fair, I just don't understand what I'm paying Disney all this extra money for if they are not going to live up to there resort services.

#2 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

I'm so distressed now, after reading how long the line was. I'm sure Anthony Daniels line will be long. I'm staying on property, but the buses only run an hour before the park opens, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get an autograph. What a drag. Well I'll have to go and hope for the best.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#3 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:38 PM

I would try that Friday because the bus should run an hour before EMH. However, if you don't make it in line early enough you could catch a taxi. MGM is not very far from the Saratoga (if I remember correctly you were the one asking about the Saratoga). It probably wouldn't even cost $5 for the ride there. Especially that early in the morning when there is no traffic. Actually I think I might try that because they can drop you off right up front and I wouldn't have to walk in from the parking lot.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for your reports Matthew along with the help answering questions and such :lol:

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

matthewbritt72 said:

I would try that Friday because the bus should run an hour before EMH. However, if you don't make it in line early enough you could catch a taxi. MGM is not very far from the Saratoga (if I remember correctly you were the one asking about the Saratoga). It probably wouldn't even cost $5 for the ride there. Especially that early in the morning when there is no traffic. Actually I think I might try that because they can drop you off right up front and I wouldn't have to walk in from the parking lot.

You are correct, I am staying at Saratoga Springs. I guess I should see what my son wants to do. I would wait, but if he doesn't want to then I won't make him. After all our trips to Disney are about having fun together. But he is crazy like his mother, so he'll probably be up for it, I'll see. :queen:
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#6 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Hi, I went last Friday morning to get Ray Park's autograph. The first weekend, on Friday, the 1st bus didn't get to the All Stars until about 7am. So I was - um - concerned - yes, let's say I was concerned that arriving about 7:30am for Ray Park would not be early enough, even on Friday. So, last Friday, (we'd moved to Port Orleans French Quarter in the meantime), I went to the front desk at 5:30am (it's my vacation and if I don't want to sleep, I won't :) ) and asked if they would call a taxi to take me to MGM. The nice man at the front desk said "You do know that MGM isn't open yet." I said "Yes, and I also know that I won't be the first in line". He called the taxi and by the time I walked out front and picked a bench, the taxi pulled up. The taxi will most likely take you to the taxi drop off spot in the parking lot and you can walk in the short way since security isn't there yet. (Security comes around and checks bags in the line. :thumleft: ) It cost $7.50 plus tip and it was well worth it. I was by the ticket booths and got second session at 1:45pm. 8) Please excuse any typos, I'm still operating on about 3/4 of a brain. But fun, but fun.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

I would have rented a car but taxi is another good option

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users