Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Riverside and French Quarter

#1 User is offline   Shere_Khan 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

As I said before I want to stay at Port Orleans next time. I have stayed at one of the all stars and Carribbean Beach (which I loved). But I want to try a new one and I have to stay in the moderate zone.
Can anyone give me some differences between riverside and french quarter. What do each have? Benefits, limitations, where is it located, busses???

I am not going for quite a while but wanted to get thinking about it, I know nothing about either one.

#2 User is offline   Abu 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Movies, Games,

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

The biggest difference between the two resorts is size. The POR is much more spread out, though it isn't as spread out as the CBR.

POR has large swimming with a slide that is more enjoyable for older children and a lake to rent boats. The FQ has nicely themed pool but it's slide is more for small children.

POR has a table service resturant, both resorts have food courts.

The POR has 4 bus stops IIRC, the FQ has only 1. The POR and FQ share Buses but the FQ is the first stop.

POR has a great show in its lounge performed by Bob Jackson. Here is is his web page if you want to see his schedule http://www.yehaabob.com/

Both Resorts have a shuttle boat to Downtown Disney.

Ultimately you can stay at one resort and use the other's services since they are right next to each other. I prefer the POR.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:33 PM

I stayed at both last Thanksgiving and FQ is far larger in walking distance. In FQ, it was a good 5-10 minute walk from my hotel room to the parking lot. At Riverside, it was a 2 or 3 minute walk.

I believe FQ has a great restuarant (dont remember the name) where we went for breakfast and it was really good. I believe it has a seafood theme and has a large unfinished wooden boat inside.

#4 User is offline   Abu 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Movies, Games,

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:03 AM

QuickGold said:

I stayed at both last Thanksgiving and FQ is far larger in walking distance. In FQ, it was a good 5-10 minute walk from my hotel room to the parking lot. At Riverside, it was a 2 or 3 minute walk.

I believe FQ has a great restuarant (dont remember the name) where we went for breakfast and it was really good. I believe it has a seafood theme and has a large unfinished wooden boat inside.

Are you sure you are not mixing them up? POR has the wooden boat in it's resturant Boatwrights dinning hall.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

Abu said:

QuickGold said:

Are you sure you are not mixing them up? POR has the wooden boat in it's resturant Boatwrights dinning hall.
It is entirely possible I have the two mixed up :lol:

#6 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

I stayed at French Quarter when it was still Dixie Landings back in 2000. It was alright, but my family took a long walk through Port Orleans and it seemed tons better. Plus, the walk from our bus stop to our room was a good 10 minute walk. That was my only problem.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users