• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Counter Service Dining Plan Maybe Coming

#21 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

ADP said:

I have a hunch we are going to see a tiered free dining plan in 2009.

For example:
Staying at a Value Resort = No free dining (AP discounts)
Staying at a Moderate = Free QS DDP
Staying at a Deluxe = Free Basic Dining Plan

Or you could tier it a little higher with CS DDP at a value, Basic at a moderate, and deluxe. There are a lot of ways they could tier and/or package it..

You might be on to something here.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#22 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

I dunno... for those with kids, this actually is a pretty good deal, considering that a great deal of the QS menus HAVE no specific kid's meal. At Cantina San Angel, for instance... one meal is the cost of t the whole day's plan.

So, for my specific family, we'd be paying $68.97 per night (2 adults and a youngling). That averages out to $22.99 per person per night. Considering I'd have to order a full-price item for Grapes (my daughter's online name, LOL), we'd make out pretty well... as a meal at "La Cantina" would run us almost 35 bucks by itself. Add in the 2 snacks per person per night (about $18 or so), anything that costs more than $15 for the three of us at the other designated meal is gravy. And where can you get a QS meal for 5 bucks on property!??!?!

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#23 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Checked out the new bounce-back offer for next year, with the free dining. The one from the brochure I saw was offering the basic dining plan, and listed rates for the values and moderates, with an option to call for upgrades to the deluxe dining plan or rates for deluxe hotels.

The one odd part is that the CM I spoke with seemed to think that there might be different codes for different resort levels, yielding different discounts, and there was no way to know what the different discounts would be unless you had the codes for them to plug in. So conceivably, it's possible that the deluxe hotels might have different discounts that might include the deluxe, but since I was at the Pop, I don't know.

#24 User is offline   Rodders 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Rugby League, Music, Disney and Booze

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:15 AM

Well in the UK the "free" dining offer has come out and it rolls like this

Value - No offer
Moderate - Free QS plan with the option to upgrade to the full plan
Deluxe - Regular dining plan

This is quite interesting because it now means that a value Plus QS dining costs the same as most moderates. At the moment if you are considering a value in that week with dining then you may as well upgrade to moderate.

I do feel that they are trying to encourage "value" people to upgrade hotels
Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic

#25 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

Figaro said:

Note that Disney Vacation Club has not yet announced whether members will be able to add the Quick Service dining plan to reservations, but both the standard and deluxe dining plans have previously been offered to members.

I confirmed with Member Services last month that the new plan will be available to DVC members staying on points.
~~ Rita

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users