Studios Central: American Idol Experience details - Studios Central

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

American Idol Experience details

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

Just took the tour of the American Idol Experience this morning and talked to a representative from Disney Marketing who gave me these details regarding AIE....

- January will be test and adjust period to determine if FASTPASS is needed or not.

- If FP is needed, it will be given out by Cast Members each day (no FASTPASS machines)

- Guests can sign up online at disneyworld.com/idol in advance of their trip to audition. Auditions will be held from 9am to 1pm. If spots are available, those without advanced reservations will be able to sign up in the park for that day as well.

- Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club Previews: February 5-8, 2009
Press Event: February 12, 2009
Grand Opening: February 14, 2009

- There will be 7 shows per day, with each show on the hour (except for 3pm, when Block Party Bash will be occuring). The grand finale show will be at 7pm.

- Each show will be 20 minutes in length and the final show at 7pm will be 40 minutes long

- Contrary to internet reports, AIE has always been ahead of schedule and they are shooting for a February timeframe to open to coincide with the next season of American Idol

- The press event on February 12th will be "star studded" and "you won't know who you will see there"

- The stage is modeled exactly after the actual stage and is 1/3rd the scale of the real thing.

- There are 3 hidden mickeys in the stage area, 2 of which are on the purpleish archway in the center of the stage.

- Expect an email to Annual Passholders as early as tomorrow (12/15) for an invitation to the AP previews.
0

#2 User is offline   Studio Kid 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: 29-March 08
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

So what about the seats are they comfortable? How many auditioners per each peliminary show? Is the theater really that good looking? How will the voting be done? And will the TV outside the show theater going to have sound? And is Fastpass really needed? Finally will the stars coming to the show be AI stars or real celebs? (waste of paper)? So many questions I know but I'm just so curious. Answers please.
Thanks.
Studio Kid.
0

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

Seats are quite comfortable, I thought.

I believe 3 auditioners per show, if I recall correctly.

The stage is very, very nice looking and it does look just like TV. The auditioning area really looks spiffy as well.

Voting will be done in the show itself and those who make final cut for the finale show will have a bib with their number on it so they can walk around the Studios and ask for votes.

The TV outside will have sound and will broadcast the finale.

There will be real stars for the press event but I think once it starts going, no real celebs to speak of.
0

#4 User is offline   Studio Kid 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: 29-March 08
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:31 PM

So the person who makes final cuts will have this paper asking for votes. But wait if they vote before the finale how do they decide the winner? And correct if I'm wrong the TV will broadcast every show with sound or just the finale? More questions sorry lol.
0

#5 User is offline   EpcotServo 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 26-December 07
  • Location:Disney MGM Studios
  • Interests:theme Parks, WDW, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, Imagineering, and movies.

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

QuickGold said:

Grand Opening: February 14, 2008






"Valentine's day. Bummer."
-Peter, Ghostbusters 2
:lol: :P

Yep, I was there too! I can can confirmth that the inside is snazzy, and the seats are VERY comfortable! I eagerly wait to see if the show can live up to it's impressive environs!
:)
0

#6 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,228
  • Joined: 15-September 07
  • Location:Adventure Outpost

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

Still the only reason to go will be to say Kungaloosh to the gang who will be there from the club.

Now. I mean if the losers are frozen in carbonite, I'll gladly stick around every night.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission
0

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,130
  • Joined: 17-May 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:21 miles from WDW!
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Still the only reason to go will be to say Kungaloosh to the gang who will be there from the club.....

I agree, Indy! While the stage is awesome and well designed, I still can't get excited about the concept of this attraction.

Matt-
Our tour guide told us the lower level of the stage (where the contestants perform) is full scale both in width & depth. The only thing 1/3 scale is the upper catwalk level because they didn't have the fly area above in the soundstage to build full height. Not sure if your info or the info I got is correct.

General Notes-
Each contestant gets 10 miutes for hair & make-up, 10 minutes with a vocal coach and 10 minutes in the green room to chill before their performance. Also, they will be taping the second level audition with the "producer" that will be edited into the show's performance. Backstage is gonna be pretty hectic with cutting & editing and especially with all the stage mothers because each contestant can bring one guest backstage with them. The Red Room (where you wait to do the second audition w/ Producer) has curvy red designs on the walls similar to Coke design because Coke may eventually be a sponsor. For first audition, contestant has 90 seconds to sing any song. For second audition, each contestant has a list of 113 songs to select. Each chair in the Red Room will have iPod with all 113 songs; soundtrack only and soundtrack w/ vocals as well as the words to each song so contestants can practice while waiting for second audition w/ Producer. Also, song selection will be available on-line so folks can practice and memorize the words to a song ahead of time.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org
0

#8 User is offline   tjkraz 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 13-January 03

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

QuickGold said:

- Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club Previews: February 5-8, 2008
Press Event: February 12, 2008
Grand Opening: February 14, 2008


Hey, Matt. I assume those dates are actually 2009. :wink:

(I only noticed because I seem to do that ALL THE TIME myself.)

Tim
0

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

tjkraz said:

QuickGold said:

- Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club Previews: February 5-8, 2008
Press Event: February 12, 2008
Grand Opening: February 14, 2008


Hey, Matt. I assume those dates are actually 2009. :wink:

(I only noticed because I seem to do that ALL THE TIME myself.)

Tim
D'oh! Thanks, I'll fix that. Yes, 2009 are the correct dates :spear:
0

#10 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,228
  • Joined: 15-September 07
  • Location:Adventure Outpost

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:13 PM

Quick note that those are not the official costumes seen in photos from the preview day. Once the attra-sh- I can't even call this anything. Abomination! That's it! Once, the abomination opens the real costumes will appear.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
New Name, New Annoying Places, Same Damn Hat
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission
0

#11 User is offline   KMan101 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 125
  • Joined: 07-May 07

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:49 AM

Sounds interesting.

Can anyone attend the press event?
0

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

KMan101 said:

Sounds interesting.

Can anyone attend the press event?
No, only those with press credentials from Disney may.
0

#13 User is offline   kristilovesdw 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 30-June 08
  • Location:Nashville, TN

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Quick note that those are not the official costumes seen in photos from the preview day. Once the attra-sh- I can't even call this anything. Abomination! That's it! Once, the abomination opens the real costumes will appear.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
New Name, New Annoying Places, Same Damn Hat


:lol: Ha! Your posts always crack me up!


Great info on AI thus far. Seems promising!
0

#14 User is offline   missionspace01 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 13-December 08

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Yes, very promising! I would hate to have a job backstage at AIE, it sounds CRAZY!
0

#15 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,570
  • Joined: 24-September 06
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Rowley, MA
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Still the only reason to go will be to say Kungaloosh to the gang who will be there from the club.

Now. I mean if the losers are frozen in carbonite, I'll gladly stick around every night.

I'm with Indy - I have had no interest at all in going to this new show, but now that I've heard a number of the former CM's from the Adventurers Club will be there, I will have to go.
Someone from the Adventurers Club site had a great idea. T-shirts that say "Americn Idol" "I'm only here for the former Adventurers Club Cast Members" (something like that).
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge
0

#16 User is offline   SorcererG 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Location:The Valley of the Sun
  • Interests:Walt Disney World, PVR, Baseball

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

The TV Show has age restrictions on the contestants. I believe that you have to be between 16 and 29 to make the TV show. Will the AI attraction have the same age limits and, if not, what does the daily winner get if they are outside of the TV show's age limits?
0

#17 User is offline   HDLady 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,130
  • Joined: 17-May 08
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:21 miles from WDW!
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

SorcererG said:

The TV Show has age restrictions on the contestants. I believe that you have to be between 16 and 29 to make the TV show. Will the AI attraction have the same age limits and, if not, what does the daily winner get if they are outside of the TV show's age limits?

AIE contestants can be from I believe they said from 14 - unlimited in age. If you win the daily competition, and you are within WDW's age limits but not within AI(TV), you are allowed to gift the "fast pass" for the AI (TV) audition to anyone you know who does meet the age criteria.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org
0

#18 User is offline   darthstich 

  • Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,342
  • Joined: 20-May 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:My Secret Moon Base, On the Moon
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

HDLady said:

SorcererG said:

The TV Show has age restrictions on the contestants. I believe that you have to be between 16 and 29 to make the TV show. Will the AI attraction have the same age limits and, if not, what does the daily winner get if they are outside of the TV show's age limits?

AIE contestants can be from I believe they said from 14 - unlimited in age. If you win the daily competition, and you are within WDW's age limits but not within AI(TV), you are allowed to gift the "fast pass" for the AI (TV) audition to anyone you know who does meet the age criteria.

Or wait until you are old enough to use it i believe
0

#19 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

darthstich said:

HDLady said:

SorcererG said:

The TV Show has age restrictions on the contestants. I believe that you have to be between 16 and 29 to make the TV show. Will the AI attraction have the same age limits and, if not, what does the daily winner get if they are outside of the TV show's age limits?

AIE contestants can be from I believe they said from 14 - unlimited in age. If you win the daily competition, and you are within WDW's age limits but not within AI(TV), you are allowed to gift the "fast pass" for the AI (TV) audition to anyone you know who does meet the age criteria.

Or wait until you are old enough to use it i believe
That is correct
0

#20 User is offline   Jeanine 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 484
  • Joined: 07-July 07
  • Location:Los Angeles

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Well, depending on what those things will go for on Ebay, this could potentially be the most lucrative daily prize they've given away in awhile.
0

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users