• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWW weekend 4-Day1

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

Ok, this is my first ever trip report so please be kind :mrgreen:

Our family: Me 35, DH 37, DS 5 1/2, DD 1. This was a surprise trip for our little Jedi.

Day1 Friday 6/10/05

After a day that was ruled by Murphy's Law, we prepared for our trip to Star Wars Weekends. Everything went wrong that day. One of the "worst" things was DS's BIG end of year Kindergarten picnic/BBQ/party at the beach was cancelled due to rain. The kids have been planning it for weeks and I was supposed to chaperone. It was rescheduled for Monday....the day we come home. Of course, about an hour after it was cancelled and was supposed to start, the weather cleared up and they could've gone. I knew DS was going to be upset when I told him he was going to miss it on Monday :(

3:00 PM we picked DS up from school a little early. He was all excited about going on the field trip on Monday. I had to tell him that we wouldn't be home on Monday and he couldn't go. I could tell he was upset so I told him we had a big surprise for him. We drove to the airport and he had tears in his eyes as he told us he wanted to go home. He didn't want to get on an airplane. So we told him we were going to Disney World.....we realized we go too much when he told us he didn't want to go to Disney :cry: Then we told him about Star Wars Weekends and he brighten up a little.

While waiting for boarding (Southwest), we noticed a couple of lightsaber duels in the gate area. :)

Got to MCO about 7:30pm, got the rental car and headed to the Caribbean Beach. Nice resort but we probably won't stay there again. It's way to spread out and the food court is a madhouse no matter what time you go. After checking in, we went to get something to eat around 8:30 and the place was really crowded. The lines were slow and we had 2 tired hungry kids. Finally got to our room at about 9pm, nice area but far from the main building. The crib we requested was not there but was delivered in about 10 minutes after we called. Finally around 10 we got everyone to bed.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

Great start Figaro :cry: Sorry to hear about your son starting off depressed but it's amazing what being at WDW does for the spirits :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report (and perhaps pictures?)!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users