• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pixar Ready To Talk To Disney

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

Pixar chief says ready to talk with Disney, others

PARIS (Reuters) - Pixar Animation Studios Inc is ready to resume talks about a distribution deal with Walt Disney but also with other firms, its co-founder and president, Ed Catmull, was reported saying in a newspaper interview published on Thursday.
The two companies have been expected to reopen talks now that Disney CEO Michael Eisner is set to depart in September.

Eisner, who will be replaced by Disney President Robert Iger, was seen as the main stumbling block for Disney to renew its partnership with Pixar because of his turbulent relationship with Pixar Chief Executive Steve Jobs.

"We have always said that we were waiting for the changes at the helm of the (Disney) group before taking a decision," Catmull told French daily Les Echos.

"Now that it's done and that there will be a new CEO in September, we will resume negotiations with Walt Disney, but also with other market players," he said.

Pixar produced such blockbuster films as "Toy Story," "Finding Nemo" and "The Incredibles" in its partnership with Disney.

Pixar's partnership with Disney expires with the June 9, 2006, release of its seventh film, "Cars," and it must have a new distributor in place before its eighth film is released in summer of 2007.

#2 User is offline   Mr.MGM 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:12 AM

Yes, every thing is going as planned...

#3 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 19 March 2005 - 12:40 PM

im glad they'll get pixar back cuz cars doesnt look to promising for me so they'll have to impress me with a new movie. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

PixieDust said:

im glad they'll get pixar back cuz cars doesnt look to promising for me so they'll have to impress me with a new movie. :-)
I thought the same thing when I saw previews for Finding Nemo for the first time. I've learned not to doubt Pixar

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users