• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newest Disney promotion....

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Any comments on the "One More Disney Day" promotion announced today? Disney is keeping Magic Kingdom & Disneyland open for 24 hours on Feb 29, 2012?

One More Disney Day

I think it's a pretty slick and creative idea and plan to attend for at least a few hours just to experience the event. It will certainly get attention and a crowd but I wonder how many naysayers will complain because they can't get to the parks on that day.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

I think it would be neat to be at MK at night, for the whole night, for those who can. I couldn't do it, first I need my sleep or else...well let's just say, or else...second it's a weekday, kids school next day so I couldn't be there.
I don't have a problem with the whole leap day thing if they didn't make such a big deal before hand.
The little video, the week of anticipation, the signing up for the big surprise and then it's just one day. The packages are nice (someone already did the math and you don't really save a whole deal) but being local I wouldn't book a package with tickets.
All in all it's a neat concept. I have decided to stop being excited about further special announcements from Disney and just take it when they are revealed.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:32 AM

After the blah 40th anniversary "celebration" of MK and now this, I agree that I'm going to expect very little in the future from Disney regarding their "BIG" announcements. It would be better if they didn't hype things so much...
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostHDLady, on 02 January 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

After the blah 40th anniversary "celebration" of MK and now this, I agree that I'm going to expect very little in the future from Disney regarding their "BIG" announcements. It would be better if they didn't hype things so much...

Agreed...if they just would have announced on the NYE show without the hype it would have been better. Just like when they announce free dinning and such
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I wonder if this is just a promotion till March. At least, I hope so. Hate to see the entire year be based on Feb 29

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Well, the Give a Day, Get a Day promotion ended when Disney gave away the allotted number of free days (I think it was a million) for volunteering a day. I seem to remember this happening late Spring and there was no subsequent promotion the rest of the year. I'm guessing this may be the same scenario and the only promotion for the year. Time will tell. I just feel that all the layoffs of Imagineers and other creative types the past few years is taking a toll on Disney's ability to be innovative with their promotions.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users