• You cannot reply to this topic

Disneyland Peru?

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Check this Out

THis person is a little out of the loop (e.g. "This would be the third Disney Park outside of the U.S.") but none the less it is an interesting rumor

#2 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

maybe a DVC resort would be more likely no?
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#3 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

I can't see a park being built in Peru... Brazil maybe... But the next park is more likely to be India or somewhere.

#4 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

Personally, I think the next park is gonna be in Shanhai.
I have a friend who lives over there and he's already seen the area where it would be built.

Peru doesn't seem very likely. I don't think the average person there could afford Disney. Brazil would be a better choice if they wanted Latin America.

I still think Disney will be going to Asia, India if not Shanghai.

#5 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'd prefer that they fix Hong Kong before even starting to build another park, especially in China.

#6 User is offline   Knopfler 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

It would be the smartest thing to make this happen. Location, location and location… Peru is in the centered of all South American countries, surrounding countries would not need the visa (which is cumbersome for most countries in the world to get in order to come to the States). There is plenty to see in Peru and South American countries. Once you’re there, take advantage of the trip, go to Cuzco (Machu Picchu, Inca Trail), Nazca Lines, Iquitos (Amazon), Asia-Lima, and Lima city which you will find the most delicious dishes you ever had, you guys don’t know Auguste Escoffier, "The Chef of Kings and The King of Chefs," whom after much contemplation, decreed that only three nations have varied and comprehensive national cuisines: France, Peru and China. Last but not least, the majestic Andes. Talk about getting the biggest bang per buck!

In addition, a couple of hours away, you could be in Ecuador’s Galapagos Islands, Chile’s Eastern Islands, Colombia’s Santa Marta, Brazil’s Rio de Janeiro… need more? One would be wrong to say they don’t have money. You don’t need to be a millionaire to go to DL a couple of times a year. Peru, for one, has been growing consistently for the past 7 years, no terrorists, modern and colonial cities with modern transportation and very affordable for everybody. Multi millionaire corporate contracts i.e. with Siemens for 6 brand new hydroelectric power plants which will be exporting energy to Brazil. 60% of Peru’s public transportation is powered by gas and increasing. “El Metropolitano” which is the most modern public transportation in South America will be completed soon. 13 new oil exploration contracts with The Norwegian company IOC. How do I know so much about Peru and South America? Simple, I am an educated person.

By the way, Disneyland already tried to acquire Peru Lima’s Zoo, but it was rejected due to the enormous archeological area involved in it. The Peruvian National Cultural Institute was forced to decline Disneyland’s offer.

#7 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

From Peru by chance? :lol:

#8 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

Sorry, but I found this...

Peru.com cited Maria Adela Lavalle, head of Disney's corporate communications in Latin America, as stating: "We completely deny the construction of a theme park in Peru."

I think these rumors occur often. Typically Disney scouts locations for parks and hotels all the time. They also send out film people as location scouts or photographers. I think when people know anyone is from Disney is visiting their home, they jump to conclusions.

#9 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

still rumors like this are fun to find

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users