• You cannot reply to this topic

Refillable Drinks in Park Experiment!

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 October 2002 - 10:48 PM

Disney's Animal Kingdom testing refillable soda bottles
From Cast Portal/Eyes & Ears-10/18/2002

Disney's Animal Kingdom is conducting a drink-refill test program by selling refillable Animal Topper sports bottles.

Guests can buy the 32-ounce Animal Topper sports bottle for $6.79 in quick service locations and soda-fountain beverage stands in the theme park. The toppers are decorative heads of several wild animals.

When the bottle is empty, the guest can go to any Disney's Animal Kingdom outdoor stand or kiosk location that sells soda fountain beverages and get a refill for $1.
An area manager for Disney's Animal Kingdom restaurants, said the program doesn't affect the original price of the bottles.

"One of the best things about these sales, is that we didn't raise the original price of the bottles. All we did was add the $1 refill incentive, so we're...giving the guests a new option."

Refills aren't available at any Disney's Animal Kingdom restaurant.

The test is scheduled through Jan. 4, 2003.

#2 User is offline   wishingtree 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 20 October 2002 - 04:34 PM

I wasn't too happy when I heard about them trying this at the water parks, but after a day at Typhoon Lagoon, I realized how much better this is than buying a bottle or cup each time that you want a drink. For $10.00 you get a mug, like the refillable resort mugs, with a bar code on it. So if you will drink more than 4 drinks in a day, this is not a bad deal.

Now, animal topper cups??? :? These might not be that popular for the adults.

Jim

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:30 PM

I'm with you Jim. As long as you drink enough to make it worth your money, then its a good deal. Besides, the "bottomless" sodas mean you don't have to worry about saving enough soda for later or what have you.

As for the topper cups, who cares? I'll gladly tote mine around so long as its a $1 per refill :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users