• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Views on SWW '10

#21 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

The wife and I are looking at SWW next year.. never been so everything would be new to us. How far in advance do they put out the schedules for it, and is it better to hit one weekend rather than another?

On an offshoot.. I was able to see a tweet from Matt saying that they had the Darth Stitch figure in stock, then I was able to tweet a friend about it, and was able get in line and get one for me.. im not sure if thats how its supposed to work as I think some of the merch. is for passholders only, however I cant argue with the Darth Stitch added to the Disney Collection.
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#22 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostMHWeaver913, on Jun 10 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

The wife and I are looking at SWW next year.. never been so everything would be new to us. How far in advance do they put out the schedules for it, and is it better to hit one weekend rather than another?

On an offshoot.. I was able to see a tweet from Matt saying that they had the Darth Stitch figure in stock, then I was able to tweet a friend about it, and was able get in line and get one for me.. im not sure if thats how its supposed to work as I think some of the merch. is for passholders only, however I cant argue with the Darth Stitch added to the Disney Collection.

It changes every year when they send the info. usually a month or two in advance. Weekends 1 and 4 are the worst.

As for the exclusive merch, this year all we had were pins, one just for passholders and one for DVC so that's not usually an issue.

#23 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:25 PM

View Postdarthstich, on Jun 10 2010, 06:17 PM, said:

It changes every year when they send the info. usually a month or two in advance. Weekends 1 and 4 are the worst.

As for the exclusive merch, this year all we had were pins, one just for passholders and one for DVC so that's not usually an issue.

Don't forget the Passholder Shirt. It may have been the same design but it was exclusive only to those that have passes.

Personally I feel that depending on who you wish to see depends on which weekends you go. Also the merch is half off the final weekend (if there's anything left that is).
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:26 AM

View Postdarthstich, on Jun 10 2010, 06:17 PM, said:

Ah i wasnt sure if the Stitch was an AP item or not. Many thanks for the info about next year. Our anniversary falls on June 4, which is one of the SWW next year.. hoping its the 2nd weekend :)
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#25 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

View PostMHWeaver913, on Jun 11 2010, 08:26 AM, said:

Ah i wasnt sure if the Stitch was an AP item or not. Many thanks for the info about next year. Our anniversary falls on June 4, which is one of the SWW next year.. hoping its the 2nd weekend :)

Maybe lol. Occasionally it's just the four weekends in May

#26 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

I'm hoping that they move it back to all 4 weekends in May, my god the past 2 weekends were so hot, it was still in the 90s by 7pm, people were dropping like flies, everyone was uncomfortable and cranky. I don't mind the crowds that much but the heat can really kill you!!
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#27 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

First, I like to say THANK YOU to all the cast members at Hollywood Studios. My kids and I had an awesome time in weekend 3. Somethings that I would change for future Starwars Weekends:
1.If you are bringing an A celebrity example "Billiy Dee Wiliams" at around 5:30 to 6:00 Disney should give out wristbands for those in line. This would cut off this garbage that someone is holding spots for 50 people. Plus you can't get into any other line if you do you lose the wristband and also if you take off the wristband you lose your spot but again this is only done with an A celebrity. Also this way you can walk around and use restrooms with no promblem plus it would give incoming guest a chance to get in another line if the wristbands are all gone.
2. The atmosphere at the empire side was sad. Needed more characters walking around.
3. JTA!! Disney needs to fix this immediately next year. I did it this year and got in but in the process alot of kids got lost from there parents. I would suggest this start a line at 50's primetime cafe and walk over to Indiana Jones fastpass distribution and do it that way. Instead of 3 different lines mergeing at once and let the chaos begin!!
4. Start the autograph fastpass distribution at 8:15am like they did last year!!
Had a wonderful time this year and again THANKS to all the cast members who did a wonderful job putting this event together.

#28 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

View PostPipper011, on Jun 14 2010, 10:08 AM, said:

First, I like to say THANK YOU to all the cast members at Hollywood Studios. My kids and I had an awesome time in weekend 3. Somethings that I would change for future Starwars Weekends:
1.If you are bringing an A celebrity example "Billiy Dee Wiliams" at around 5:30 to 6:00 Disney should give out wristbands for those in line. This would cut off this garbage that someone is holding spots for 50 people. Plus you can't get into any other line if you do you lose the wristband and also if you take off the wristband you lose your spot but again this is only done with an A celebrity. Also this way you can walk around and use restrooms with no promblem plus it would give incoming guest a chance to get in another line if the wristbands are all gone.
2. The atmosphere at the empire side was sad. Needed more characters walking around.
3. JTA!! Disney needs to fix this immediately next year. I did it this year and got in but in the process alot of kids got lost from there parents. I would suggest this start a line at 50's primetime cafe and walk over to Indiana Jones fastpass distribution and do it that way. Instead of 3 different lines mergeing at once and let the chaos begin!!
4. Start the autograph fastpass distribution at 8:15am like they did last year!!
Had a wonderful time this year and again THANKS to all the cast members who did a wonderful job putting this event together.

Can you explain what you mean about 3 different lines merging for JTA? I don't understand.

#29 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Sure, some people went down the main street, the other line was held just before the american idol experience and the other was held by 50's primetime cafe. When the park opened all three lines walked or should I say ran to the information booth to sign up for JTA!! And all three merged into one line.

#30 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

Ah, you're referring to the way people can enter the park at rope drop. The entire way crowds are handled around Star Tours needs to be addressed. We've talked a lot about how it's near impossible to be near the stage for Hyperspace Hoopla without waiting over an hour, but the crowds around Star Tours were the worst of any spot in the Studios, for obvious reasons.

#31 User is offline   Ignohippo 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

I still think JTA should be randomly picked from the audience just before the show like it used to be. The new method is incredibly inconvenient to everyone except for the most rabid and obsessive parents.

Actually, the best way I could see it working would be to have a link on the website where people could go to enter their kids into a lottery for a specific show or day (deadline two weeks before the date and notification of your child was picked one week before the show). Half of the participants would be chosen by lottery from the entries on the website while the other half could be chosen randomly in person before the show. And no multiple entries (for kids that are chosen) via the website in any calendar year.

#32 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

View PostIgnohippo, on Jun 15 2010, 11:56 AM, said:

I still think JTA should be randomly picked from the audience just before the show like it used to be. The new method is incredibly inconvenient to everyone except for the most rabid and obsessive parents.

Actually, the best way I could see it working would be to have a link on the website where people could go to enter their kids into a lottery for a specific show or day (deadline two weeks before the date and notification of your child was picked one week before the show). Half of the participants would be chosen by lottery from the entries on the website while the other half could be chosen randomly in person before the show. And no multiple entries (for kids that are chosen) via the website in any calendar year.

I agree with you about going back to the old system, but the problem was you could go to every single show of the day and never have your kid picked. That's not very fair so I can understand the change.

The site idea is great.....except the VAST majority of guests would never do it because most guests don't do any pre-planning and just show up. It's the way it is so it's unrealistic to expect them to know to register ahead of time. It's a good idea, but not gonna happen.

#33 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

View Postyulilin, on Jun 14 2010, 08:20 AM, said:

I'm hoping that they move it back to all 4 weekends in May, my god the past 2 weekends were so hot, it was still in the 90s by 7pm, people were dropping like flies, everyone was uncomfortable and cranky. I don't mind the crowds that much but the heat can really kill you!!

Dropping like flies is not fun... I did it two weekends in a row during the Hoopla. Not good.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users