Studios Central: The Move - Part 1 - Studios Central

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Move - Part 1

#1 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:09 PM

Feb 11-12

Well I left Savannah about 5am the 11th with plans on spending the next two days looking for places to live in Orlando. Arriving around 9am my roommate John and I got to work. Within two hours we found a place that we wanted. So we spent the rest of the afternoon doing all htat freakin paperwork so they can make sure you are human and not alien. About 6ish pm we checked in to a hotel near where Jillian lives (it was free or I would have stayed onsite). Then went to DTD/DQ to play around for a while. It took us about an hour (heavy traffic) to drive from the hotel to DTD. I really don't know how Jillian does this all the time. After playing around there for a little while we went back to the hotel to sleep.

Got up the next am and went to MGM to goof around. No wait on Tower, small wait on RnR. Ate a snack lunch at Sci-Fi and looked at all the construction at the studios. Headed back home after that. Stopped in Jacksonville to do some Geocaching along the way. Got back home in time to watch Survivor.

I will know later this next week if I got the place I wanted. Wait and see.
0

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:12 PM

trendymagic said:

So we spent the rest of the afternoon doing all htat freakin paperwork so they can make sure you are human and not alien.

That and paying them quite alot...are you renting?

How was the hotel free?

Thanks for posting!
0

#3 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:16 PM

QuickGold said:

That and paying them quite alot...are you renting?


Renting first till we find a place we don't mind living at. Didn't find any houses we like to rent rent so we are going wiht an apartment in the meantime.


QuickGold said:

How was the hotel free?


Holiday Inn Rewards from many other recent trips besides those to WDW.


QuickGold said:

Thanks for posting!


Figured I should atleast do one before I move down there.
0

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:27 PM

trendymagic said:

QuickGold said:

That and paying them quite alot...are you renting?


Renting first till we find a place we don't mind living at. Didn't find any houses we like to rent rent so we are going wiht an apartment in the meantime.

If you don't mind my asking, how much per month?(PM me if you're not comfortable divulging that kind of info publically)
0

#5 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:53 PM

trendymagic said:

I really don't know how Jillian does this all the time.


It's hard, I want to move closer to the parks.... we're working on it :lol:

Glad you found a place down here!!
0

#6 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

  • Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 447
  • Joined: 04-August 03
  • Location:New York
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, I wish I could, but then again, I would miss getting stuck in the snow, freezing, no parks, etc. It's just so magical up here!

:joker: Brendan :joker:
0

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

BDANtheman29 said:

Yeah, I wish I could, but then again, I would miss getting stuck in the snow, freezing, no parks, etc. It's just so magical up here!

:joker: Brendan :joker:


Sounds super magical to me :lol:
0

#8 User is offline   Stitch 

  • Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 24-January 04
  • Location:Lake Buena Vista, FL

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:14 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

trendymagic said:

I really don't know how Jillian does this all the time.


It's hard, I want to move closer to the parks.... we're working on it :lol:

Glad you found a place down here!!


You're closer than I am :roll:
0

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:59 AM

Stitch said:

DisneyPrincess said:

trendymagic said:

I really don't know how Jillian does this all the time.


It's hard, I want to move closer to the parks.... we're working on it :lol:

Glad you found a place down here!!


You're closer than I am :roll:


Jason is or I am? I'm about 25 miles away. Sucky if I am, I do know several people who do it though. A manager that used to work with me does it from Cocoa, and one of our Trainers does it from Titusville. Silly silly people.
0

#10 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 16 February 2004 - 07:04 AM

BDANtheman29 said:

I would miss getting stuck in the snow, freezing,


Down here there is plenty of mud/marsh/sand to get stuck in year yound. As well, when you are use to 90+ humidty, you do have your 'freezing' days of 40's and 50's.

:D
0

#11 User is offline   Stitch 

  • Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 24-January 04
  • Location:Lake Buena Vista, FL

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Jason is or I am? I'm about 25 miles away. Sucky if I am, I do know several people who do it though. A manager that used to work with me does it from Cocoa, and one of our Trainers does it from Titusville. Silly silly people.


I'm 60 miles away and working 6-7 days 8)
Good part of that is most of my travel is at night and traffic is minimal
0

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:27 PM

Stitch said:

I'm 60 miles away and working 6-7 days 8)
Good part of that is most of my travel is at night and traffic is minimal

60 Miles is better than 2500 miles :D
0

#13 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:17 PM

Stitch said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Jason is or I am? I'm about 25 miles away. Sucky if I am, I do know several people who do it though. A manager that used to work with me does it from Cocoa, and one of our Trainers does it from Titusville. Silly silly people.


I'm 60 miles away and working 6-7 days 8)
Good part of that is most of my travel is at night and traffic is minimal


yikes that is a big drive. :shock:
0

#14 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 16 February 2004 - 11:49 PM

Stitch said:

I'm 60 miles away and working 6-7 days 8)
Good part of that is most of my travel is at night and traffic is minimal


What direction are you from WDW? Because going through downtown makes it a bit worse.
0

#15 User is offline   Stitch 

  • Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 81
  • Joined: 24-January 04
  • Location:Lake Buena Vista, FL

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:39 AM

trendymagic said:

What direction are you from WDW? Because going through downtown makes it a bit worse.


Northwest I avoid downtown at all costs
0

#16 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:39 AM

Ugh, I drive through downtown daily, it is horrid!!!! I've had it take me almost 2 hours to drive to Disney (just from my house) all because of traffic in downtown.
0

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 17 February 2004 - 12:51 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Ugh, I drive through downtown daily, it is horrid!!!! I've had it take me almost 2 hours to drive to Disney (just from my house) all because of traffic in downtown.

Just move to La Quinta and be with our kids :(
0

#18 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Ugh, I drive through downtown daily, it is horrid!!!! I've had it take me almost 2 hours to drive to Disney (just from my house) all because of traffic in downtown.

Just move to La Quinta and be with our kids :(


That's a good idea, and much closer too. Maybe they fell into the lake?
0

#19 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,122
  • Joined: 22-February 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay, CA
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

Maybe they fell into the lake?


They would start floating in as little as 36hrs. Someone would have already seen them.
0

#20 User is offline   disneyprincess 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,853
  • Joined: 30-May 03
  • Location:Walt Disney World

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

trendymagic said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Maybe they fell into the lake?


They would start floating in as little as 36hrs. Someone would have already seen them.


ah that's good to know then, although maybe not spotted in that lake ewwie :(
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users