Studios Central: Pipper011's Weekend 4 report - Studios Central

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pipper011's Weekend 4 report

#1 User is offline   Pipper011 

  • Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 27-May 06

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:16 PM

Well this is my report from Starwars Weekends #4. Since I was staying inside a disney resort i thought to go on Friday and use the extra morning hour. So I got up at 6 am with my parents and my daughter. At around 7:30 am we where at the gates only 8 to 10 people in front of us. So i'm saying to my self this is not bad and where going to get the autographs with no promblem. At around 7:45 am the line was by the security table where they search your bags. At 8 am they decided to let the resort guests in but to tell you the truth it was chaos. My family got in and my parents went into the line of Jango Fett and my daughter and I went to Boba Fett line. This was another dumb thing disney did they held us up for 1 hour in line to get the fast passes.(Now wouldn't it be simpler to just let us scan our park tickets and if someone tried to use it again it would say not a valid fastpass like they do in the rides). Well Boba FEtt was at 10:30 am and my parents got Jango's at 10:40. THey also extended the autograph sessions from 60 to 75. After we got the tickets my daughter wanted to be in the parade and she did get in. So we proceeded to go to Mickey ave. to wait for our autographs. THen I saw that Darth Vader's line was empty or small and went in and took a pic with him. Well we where waiting for Jeremy to come out but both Termura and Jeremy came out 10 minutes late. The only one that came out on time was Rick Mccallum which I was shocked when I saw his name in the Parks paper what a big surprise that was. Finally Jeremy and Termura came out. The guy at the Boba Fett line let us go a little before to get his autograph because my daughter had only 15 minutes to meet up with the other kids to be in the parade. Jeremy was a super nice guy. So my daughter and my dad left to meet up with the others. My mom and I went to get Temura's autograph real cool guy. After we got his autograph we went to see the parade. After the parade went to who wants to be a millionaire. A 8 year old girl with the help of her father won the cruise. It was awesome. Especially her family was sitting right behind me. My dad took some pictures with storm troopers and sand people. Then we went to the talk show. Where again Warrick Davis was super funny. I can't say enough about the memories I left from that place but I got to say one thing they got to get those merchandise things better organized because it stinks after the first 2 days everything is gone. Example if you have 4,000 DArth Goofy's available then make 1,000 of them available each week to give people a shot to get one.
But other than that I had a great time and my daughter and I will always remember those great people (actors) that we met.
0

#2 User is offline   Figaro 

  • Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,486
  • Joined: 19-March 05
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:LI, NY

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the report!

Sounds like they are making the questions a little too easy for WWTBAM-PI! :wink: That's the second or third cruise winner I heard of during the SW versions.
0

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for posting your report :thumleft:
0

#4 User is offline   princeboomer 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 15-May 05

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

I was there the same day and agree with all you said! The merchandise was not too bad - at least in comparison to other years - as the only things sold out were darth goofy and the framed coin set - but i agree with splitting it up over the weekends. one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)! Maybe they got the message that the logo was not too good! Of course there is the danger that they will completely miss the point and decide that the interest was not there and quit having the sw weekends.
0

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

princeboomer said:

one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)!
Which weekend did you see this?
0

#6 User is offline   princeboomer 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 15-May 05

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:20 AM

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)!
Which weekend did you see this?


Last weekend (June 9-11)
0

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

  • Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Posts: 22,079
  • Joined: 15-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Cloud, Florida

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:39 PM

princeboomer said:

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)!
Which weekend did you see this?


Last weekend (June 9-11)
There's a tip for next year; if you want SWW merchandise that isn't limited, go the last weekend when it's on sale.
0

#8 User is offline   Sandtroop 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 19-April 06
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Interests:Star Wars, NASCAR, and cameras

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)!
Which weekend did you see this?


Last weekend (June 9-11)
There's a tip for next year; if you want SWW merchandise that isn't limited, go the last weekend when it's on sale.


That doesnt apply to items that Disney will keep for sale in TT. Those items stay at regular price.
0

#9 User is offline   princeboomer 

  • Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 15-May 05

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

Sandtroop said:

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

QuickGold said:

princeboomer said:

one scary thing is that EVERYTHING SWW that wasn't "limited" was like half price and there was tons of it left (t-shirts 9.99 for all adult sizes and 7.99 for child sizes as well as 12.99 posters) for example)!
Which weekend did you see this?


Last weekend (June 9-11)
There's a tip for next year; if you want SWW merchandise that isn't limited, go the last weekend when it's on sale.


That doesnt apply to items that Disney will keep for sale in TT. Those items stay at regular price.


That is correct. I thought I made that clear in the original post.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users