• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help With Characters at MGM

#1 User is offline   jnj 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the boards,we are planning our first visit to the Orlando area and we only have time to visit one Disney park and have decided to make it the MGM studios,we have visited all the Disney parks at one time or another and this is our very favorite one,it has been a few years. We are a family that is very much into the characters.These are the characters we would definatly like to see,could anyone tell us where we might find them at MGM, definatlely Cinderella,Toy Story characters, Piglet,the Beast,many more but I can't think of them all,could you all share your character experiences with us and what time of year you were there and also any photos would be great.Thanks a bunch. :queen:

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:59 PM

Welcome to MGMStudios.Org jnj!

I think you'll find an answer to many of your character finding questions here: http://www.mgmstudio...characters.html

#3 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:19 PM

Welcome to the boards jnj :)

Lots of characters are regulars in the park: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Mulan, Jojo and Goliath, Mike and Sulley, Mary Poppins and one of the penguins, Jafar, Hercules and Meg, Aladdin and Jasmine, 2 of the mice from Cinderella, The Incredibles, the Green Army Men, Lilo and Stitch, Pinocchio, Piggy and Kermit (although I haven't seen them around lately, ask a CM if you'd like to see them on the day you're there to see if they're available), Jessie, Woody, Bullseye and Buzz and some others I know I'm forgetting. As for Cinderella, I don't think we offer her as a meet and greet character often, she rarely makes an appearance. The ones I listed are most of the ones who are seen everyday in the park, whether it be on Mickey Ave, out infront of the hat, or at the park entrance.

Lots of other characters can also be seen in our shows (Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Fantasmic!) and in the daily parade (Stars and Motor Cars) as well. So if you have a certain character we don't offer as a meet and greet, you might want to catch one of the shows and/or the parade.

Lots of us here work at the Studios, and we enjoy meeting other members of this board while they're down, so keep us posted on when exactly you'll be coming :blink:
*Leslie Ivette*

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

Very nice Leslie, I'm impressed :P

#5 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

QuickGold said:

Very nice Leslie, I'm impressed :P

It's that computer chip Disney implanted in all of us. Hers is starting to set in. 8)

Welcome jnj

#6 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

TrendyMagic said:

QuickGold said:

Very nice Leslie, I'm impressed :)

It's that computer chip Disney implanted in all of us. Hers is starting to set in. 8)

Doesn't take a lot to impress you, huh Matt? :P
So THAT'S what that tingly feeling was when I left Casting that day! I thought it was just the excitement of getting the job :P
*Leslie Ivette*

#7 User is offline   jnj 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Thank you all for your help.Disneyfreak,since you work at MGM could you please e-mail me at JnJDays@aol.com so I could talk to you and not have to do it over the forums,that would be very helpful.Thanks a million. Hope to hear from you soon. :joker:

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

Don't worry about asking privatly JNJ. Many of us here are CM and are glad to help out. :P

#9 User is offline   jnj 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

Thank you for posting that I don't have to ask people privately,I just have so many character questions.So if we don't see Cinderella or Piglet at MGM,they are 2 of the very major ones we would like to see,should we ask at quest services and maybe they can possibly bring them out?? Also I didn't realize Bullseye was a normal character at MGM with the Toy Story clan,is this true??Also what is my best way to plan the day so that I can do most attractions at the park and meet as many characters as we can.All help is greatly appreciated.Feel free to e-mail me directly at JnJDays@aol.com or post on this thread.Would also love to see photos.

Also since many of you work there could one of you pick me up a map and send it to me,I know the times of things change but it will surely help me to plan my day.It would mean a lot,I am even willing to pay.I hope I can find someone to help me out.Thanks a million. :P

#10 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:47 PM

Very very very rarely will the pull out characters in a park they don't normally meet in. Cinderella and Piglet are both at MK but not at Studios, I've seen Cinderella maybe half a dozen times and it was for things like Valentine's Day. Yes, Bullseye is a normal character with the Toy Story group :P

I think your best bet is to get there early, use Fastpasses, and don't leave until the park closes.

I'm one of the CMs at the Studios, I can pick up a map and the current time guide, just PM me an address to send them to.

#11 User is offline   jnj 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

Hi There,
I sent you a PM,not sure if it went through or not but please let me know if you got it,proably easier to just e-mail me directly,I truly appreciate you picking up a map and time guide for me.Thanks again for all your help,please do keep the suggestions coming so we are able to see the most characters.Thanks a million.

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:40 AM

Ok, I didn't get it but I sent you an email :P You're welcome :)

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:37 AM

Regarding the park map, you can find an up-to-date map at http://www.mgmstudios.org/maps.html

jnj said:

Also what is my best way to plan the day so that I can do most attractions at the park and meet as many characters as we can.

Well this all depends on what attractions you want to see and how many/little characters you want to meet. It sounds like you want to meet lots of characters, in which case, I'd stop by guest relations before entering the park and pickup a schedule for that day and see exactly where and when characters will be. Then go and meet whomever is available and work in rides between character meets.

And feel free to post whatever in this thread. If it turns into a back and forth conversation between you and another user, that's fine. Sometimes someone else will have additional info and they can chime in. :P

Please post any further questions you have! :)

#14 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:18 PM

disneyprincess said:

I think your best bet is to get there early, use Fastpasses, and don't leave until the park closes.

Become one with the FPs. They really are a time saver, because you can FP one thing, and then stand by queue another. At the moment, the only attractions offering FP are Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and Star Tours.

And definitely stay til the park closes, if you haven't seen Fantasmic yet, you must. It's an unbelievable show, and no I'm not just saying that because I work there. :P
*Leslie Ivette*

#15 User is offline   jnj 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

Hi There,
Disneyprincess,I did e-mail you back,let me know if you got it.I sure hope it went through.
Thank you for all your help,it is all very much appreciated.Any help that anyone else has is greatly appreciated,on meeting characters and planning your day.I am still hoping that I see Piglet but we'll see,it would rock to see Cinderella and Piglet both.Please share your information with me and photos.Thanks ahead of time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users