Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Touring Advice needed Order of touring Thanksgiving Friday

#1 User is offline   DisneyDad_in_pa 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:15 PM

We are making our first holiday trip this Thanksgiving. We will be there Wednesday and leave Monday morning. We have MVMCP for Sunday night and planned on Candlelight Processional Saturday Night. We want to see the Osborne Lights and Fantasmic.

We plan to be at DHS on Friday, Nov 27th, the first night for Osborne Lights. Last year there were two Fantasmic showings. My current plan is to get the Fantasmic Dinner Package and attend the 8:00 Fantasmic and view the lights from 6:00 to 7:15 and then get to Fantasmic around 7:30-7:40, via the main entrance since the package entrance is no longer used.

Here are my questions:

Any thoughts on the likeliehood that there will be two Fantasmic showings this year? I know there have been soem cutbacks but figured that the crowd level will probably dictate two showings.

I know that you typically don't need the dinner package if you plan to attend the second showing of Fantasmic but since it is a holiday weekend am I right to think I should get one? (We plan to try and do Brown Derby for the first time for dinner anyway.)

Finally, my order for Friday, Nov 27th is 4:00 Dinner, 6:00 Osborne, 8:00 Fantasmic. Suggestions? Advice?
June 1980
September 2006 AKL
August 2007 Poly
August 2008 Poly
November 2009 Poly
July 2010 Beach Club

DD 10, DS 12, DW and Me

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

Regarding Fantasmic schedule, your guess is as good as anyone's. At this point I'd almost plan on no fantasmic, and be pleasantly surprised if they have one on your day. Again, this is why you need to complain to Disney about the reduced showings because it makes planning quite difficult.

I still don't like the dinner package for a few reasons, namely bad seating and odd forced menu choices. Also, you still need to show up at least 30 mins ahead of time, so an extra 15-30 isnt the end of the world.

I think you're going to feel rushed with Osborne lights, given the large crowds. I'd go dinner, Fantasmic and then the lights. Or, consider doing the lights at 6 but just do one go through and then see fantasmic and come back to the lights after the show to get another taste.

#3 User is offline   DisneyDad_in_pa 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

View PostQuickGold, on Jul 19 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

Regarding Fantasmic schedule, your guess is as good as anyone's. At this point I'd almost plan on no fantasmic, and be pleasantly surprised if they have one on your day. Again, this is why you need to complain to Disney about the reduced showings because it makes planning quite difficult.

I still don't like the dinner package for a few reasons, namely bad seating and odd forced menu choices. Also, you still need to show up at least 30 mins ahead of time, so an extra 15-30 isnt the end of the world.

I think you're going to feel rushed with Osborne lights, given the large crowds. I'd go dinner, Fantasmic and then the lights. Or, consider doing the lights at 6 but just do one go through and then see fantasmic and come back to the lights after the show to get another taste.

Thanks!! I understand your thoughts on the Dinner package and I am leaning not doing it. thanks for the advice, after more thought I'm thinking that dinner, fantasmic and lights is the way to go. It's early yet, I'm sure I'll change my mind a couple of times.

ETA: Where do you suggest we write to complain? Do you have a snail mail and/or email address?
June 1980
September 2006 AKL
August 2007 Poly
August 2008 Poly
November 2009 Poly
July 2010 Beach Club

DD 10, DS 12, DW and Me

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

You can email Guest Services at wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com although stopping in while you're in the park I feel is more "compelling" since you are a face to the name, so to speak.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users