Studios Central: Table Service for those staying on property ONLY?!? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Table Service for those staying on property ONLY?!? Say it ain't so!

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

So I'm talking on the phone with a Disney fan, and she informed me of a rumor where Disney is reserving the Table Service restaurants only for those staying on property, and everyone else not staying on property is out of luck. This makes me angry in more ways than being told that a Character's line is available only to find out that it's closed arbitrarily. Think about it: if I'm paying for the privilege of going to the parks without staying on property, I should have the privilege of taking advantage of all its amenities, including table service dinner. I certainly hope this will not come to pass.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Dont worry, that's not true.

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostQuickGold, on May 9 2010, 09:47 PM, said:

Dont worry, that's not true.

I have not heard anything even semi along that line, so i gotta agree with Matt. I mean really, would Disney shun a chance to make money? I think not. That's part of the reason PI was shut down, because it had a limited aduience

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

View Postdarthstich, on May 9 2010, 10:27 PM, said:

I have not heard anything even semi along that line, so i gotta agree with Matt. I mean really, would Disney shun a chance to make money? I think not. That's part of the reason PI was shut down, because it had a limited aduience

The way I heard it, the reason Disney was thinking about this was so that its "privileged guests" (read: those with the big bucks staying on property) would not get shut out when making dining reservations during the busy months. I see it as just another way for Disney to impose their control on guests, and I don't like it. Unfortunately, there's nothing any of us can do. We can write as many letters as we can to get them to change their mind. They'll just smile, nod and call for the security guards in mouse ears to beat us senseless. :)
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on May 10 2010, 06:38 PM, said:

The way I heard it, the reason Disney was thinking about this was so that its "privileged guests" (read: those with the big bucks staying on property) would not get shut out when making dining reservations during the busy months. I see it as just another way for Disney to impose their control on guests, and I don't like it. Unfortunately, there's nothing any of us can do. We can write as many letters as we can to get them to change their mind. They'll just smile, nod and call for the security guards in mouse ears to beat us senseless. :)

There's lots of rumors out there, and that one is something that I'd put money down on not being true.

#6 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

I could see a change in the window for reservations where on-site get a head start on non-on-site people. Something like that could be misconstrued as no table service for non-onsite guests.

#7 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

I highly doubt that Disney would ever do something that would alienate as many people as this would. They'll do well to remember that Cinderella doesn't have the only Castle in town anymore.

#8 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

View PostGeneral Specific, on May 17 2010, 09:15 PM, said:

I highly doubt that Disney would ever do something that would alienate as many people as this would. They'll do well to remember that Cinderella doesn't have the only Castle in town anymore.

Oh, I think Di$ney has pretty much alienated most of its guests by just being the business that they are that siphons more and more money from our collective wallets. :P

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

I would bet the ranch that this rumor isn't even remotely being considered. I suspect a decent proportion of table service business (especially during less busy seasons) is from those not staying on property (such as locals). Heck, Disney even sells that EPCOT after 4 annual pass to encourage locals to dine there. Disney isn't going to risk having table service restaurants at less than full capacity because they restrict them to on-site guests. That's would just be a poor business decision.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users