• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Art of Animation or All Star Sports

#1 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

So I'm trying to decide on where to stay for the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon and earning the coast to coast medal. While All Star Sports has the best rate, part of me is intrigued by Art of Animation since it will be very new. I'd be in one of the regular rooms in The Little Mermaid section, but the higher price is making me think about this.

Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostSleepless Knight, on 26 June 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

So I'm trying to decide on where to stay for the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon and earning the coast to coast medal. While All Star Sports has the best rate, part of me is intrigued by Art of Animation since it will be very new. I'd be in one of the regular rooms in The Little Mermaid section, but the higher price is making me think about this.

Any thoughts?

Your already spending enough to do the marathon. I think All Star is the better choice in this case.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

I think it just comes down to price. If you can afford it, AoA is worth checking out. But if you'd rather some money and spend it elsewhere, nothing wrong with All Star

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm not a big fan of sports so All Star Sports just doesn't do it for me personally. AoA, on the other hand, looks amazing from the pics I've seen. I haven't driven over to check it out in person yet, though. It would mostly depend on what your priorities are. Ambiance vs. price.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

I agree with everyone else, it depends if you are willing to spend more money for nicer ambiance...the AOA is beautiful, I've walked around a couple of times and it has a lot of details to it, we are staying there for one night the day of the kids races for the Wine & Dine, my nephew and daughter are running those and we thought this would be a nice treat, we are using the Cast Member 50% discount on the Finding Nemo room though
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#6 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

In the end, my head won out and I went with All Star Sports. My heart still says Art of Animation since it's new and sounds really cool, but my head says that since I spend so much time in the parks anyways that I would really be spending the extra money for a new place that I won't spend much time in after all. I do appreciate all the feedback though. It helped me feel better about my end decision.

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

BTW, just to "torture" you a bit, I went on an AllEars tour of AoA this past weekend and LOVED the resort!!! Even got to tour a Cars family suite. The themeing is amazing!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

In decisions like this I always ask myself how much time I'm going to be spending at the resort. If I'm going to be in the theme parks a lot I tend to go with the lower cost option. If I know I'm going to be at the resort more than usual then I'll go with the higher end resort.

#9 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

I've decided to "console" myself by saying that if I decide to get a second trip out of the Premier pass, I'll spend at least part of the 2nd stay at AoA. This trip is really about getting the Coast to Coast medal, so cost had to matter as there isn't additional time to save up.

#10 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

If you have a bit of time you can always pop over to AoA and just walk around. It really is amazing. My fav is the Cars section (but I'm a bit of a gearhead....)
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users