Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News From Around the World

#1 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

Hey everyone. As most of you know, I'm inches away from death with this stupid cold. :D
But I'll be damned if it keeps me from M:S tomorrow.
So I thought I'd throw this your way before I hand over some more money to Uncle Mikey :D

All this info came from WDWMagic.com

Stitch's Great Escape Officially Announced
The Academy Award-nominated film “Lilo & Stitch” inspires the new Magic Kingdom attraction Stitch’s Great Escape! scheduled to open in late 2004.

A “pre-qual” set shortly before the events of the hit Disney motion picture “Lilo & Stitch,” the family-friendly adventure in Tomorrowland will showcase the mayhem caused by the mischievous “Experiment 626” -- a.k.a. Stitch -- when first discovered in the Galactic Federation.

Entering Stitch’s Great Escape! Magic Kingdom guests are recruited by the Galactic Federation Grand Councilwoman to provide additional security for a captured alien whose reputation for being extremely “difficult” has preceded him. Even so, authorities underestimate Stitch’s capacity for playful disobedience, causing havoc to erupt with guests caught in the middle of the fun.

Stitch’s Great Escape! will feature some of the most sophisticated Audio-Animatronics® technology ever developed by Walt Disney Imagineering.

Stitch’s Great Escape! replaces The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, which will close October 11.

Soarin' Officially Announced
The popular “Soarin’ Over California” attraction at Disney’s California Adventure will take Walt Disney World guests on an eye-filling journey when it opens at Epcot in 2005.

The new attraction sends guests on a sweeping flyover above the wondrous Golden State for a birds-eye view of the rich landscape and topography. “Soarin’ Over California” will be the newest addition to The Land pavilion at Epcot, complementing the popular pavilion’s agriculture and ecology theme.

The unforgettable experience combines cinematic artistry and state-of-the-art motion base technology. Guests are literally lifted 40 feet inside a giant projection screen dome and completely surrounded with the beauty and wonder of the state of California as their elevated theater seats take them on a scenic tour over the Golden Gate Bridge, the Redwood forests, Napa Valley, Yosemite and more. The free-flight experience intensifies as guests feel the sweeping winds and smell fragrant orange blossoms and pine trees around them.

Motor Stunt Show Officially Announced
Disney-MGM Studios guests will be on the edge of their seats as the secrets behind Hollywood’s most astounding stunts unfold at the new Disney-MGM Studios stunt show.

Inspired by the popular Stunt Show Spectacular at Disneyland Paris, the high-octane, stunt show features specially designed cars, motorcycles and jet skis, plus special effects -- with audience members pulled into the fun. Insiders will reveal show secrets, detailing how stunts are created, designed and filmed for the movies. Filmed images are revealed on an oversized screen, illustrating how the use of different camera angles can add drama to filmed scenes.

The new show will open in 2005 and is part of a larger redevelopment of the backlot area of Disney-MGM Studios that also includes new cityscapes, adding Chicago and San Francisco to our existing New York City skyline.

Well, that's all for now. I'm heading to WDW tomorrow! Gonna up my numbers on M:S.
Matt, I'll miss you! Wish you were coming with me. Call me, ya freakin' Jew. :mrgreen:
*Leslie Ivette*

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users