• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Fastpass to Mickey

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Guests will have a new way to greet Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom Park later this spring with the debut of Disney's FASTPASS at the new Town Square Theater.

Disney's FASTPASS to debut at the new Town Square Theater this spring.

When Mickey meet-and-greets move into a permanent new location in Town Square, Magic Kingdom guests will be able obtain a Disney's FASTPASS ticket specifying a one-hour window when they can return to see the popular character for hugs, photos and autographs - without waiting in the standby queue. It will mark the first time the complimentary, computerized service is available for a character meet-and-greet at any Disney park.

Town Square Theater is located inside the current Exposition Hall area just inside the park entrance. Imagineers already are working to transform the space for the new experience.

"This isn't just remodeling Expo Hall; it is completely reimagining this entire venue as a beautiful Victorian-era theater and the new home for Mickey Mouse," said Jon Georges of Walt Disney Imagineering.

"Mickey and Main Street, U.S.A. are great examples of pure Americana that complement each other very well," said Concept Designer Jason Grandt. "We drew a lot of inspiration from classic Mickey-animated shorts such as ‘The Nifty Nineties' and ‘Mickey's Grand Opera.' Many of the scenes in these shorts look like they take place right on Main Street."

Guests arrive at a building befitting Mickey Mouse's stardom - with a grand-Victorian-theater elevation, including a marquee that glistens with gold-leaf trim and sparkles with lights. Inside, there's a mosaic floor, lush curtains with gold rope tie-backs and polished-brass chandeliers. Imagineers are creating new elements and surprises for Magic Kingdom guests, including an interactive queue - with an extra touch of Disney magic - and highly themed retail shops.

The queue takes guests "backstage," where Mickey is waiting to greet them in a rehearsal-room environment amid posters, steamer trunks and stage props.

In addition, during the New Fantasyland construction, royalty will be visiting as the Disney princesses will be in Town Square Theater to meet and greet their loyal subjects.

Currently, guests can visit Mickey Mouse in Tomorrowland, at a location to the right of Space Mountain. Meet-and-greet experiences with the Disney princesses currently are taking place at Adventureland Verandah.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#2 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

There's like a whole debate about this very topic on the Facebooks. Currently, the "Oh No They Didn't!" side is outweighing the "It's About Time!" side. I fall in the latter part of that debate.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:48 AM

I don't get into meeting characters so the changes are pretty much a "meh" for me but the decor sounds cool so I may check it out just for that.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

Why the opposition? I can't see the downside here. The less time I'm waiting in line the better!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

View Postsarahzy, on 23 February 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

Why the opposition? I can't see the downside here. The less time I'm waiting in line the better!

I tend to agree. I dont have a problem with it at all.

#6 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Well I'm not sure it's the idea of waiting less that's the problem. I think one complaint was that the decor changeover caused the untimely demise of the big Bill Justice character mural which was sort of a classic. Another is the whole conflict between people who want their character interactions scheduled and efficient, and people who think they should just roam the parks and meet up with people spontaneously. Then another argument is from people who feel that the increasing devotion of real estate to character meet-and-greets is eroding the sense of place that used to be present.

No one's going to be happy all the time, I suppose.

#7 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

I was wondering how people would react to the renovation of the space...is this an original 1971 space or has it been change before?

I am not a huge fan of the character M&G. If my kids want to see characters, I do one of two things:
1. I pay the bucks & do a character meal, at least that way I get to stuff my face while we wait to see them.
2. Go to the Studios on a non Fantasmic Night.. last time we were there the Animation area was chuck full of characters w/couple min waits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users