• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quick Block Party Bash question...

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

This is kind of a silly question but yesterday's BPB got me thinking. Until I joined the Studio 20 group for BPB, I didn't know about the after parade finale of BPB just before they exit the guest area. It was pretty cool...the girl CMs stay out between Star Tours & Baclot Express while the floats go backstage. The girls do a final dance number, join the floats backstage and the gates close. Just as you think everything is over, maybe 100 BPB nerf balls catapult over the solid gate and guests scamble to pick them up. I was under the impression this was done daily BUT yesterday BPB just went backstage and the gates closed. No final dance number or nerf balls. Is this only done on some days or have they recently changed the parade ending? Just curious because I have friends coming soon and would like to know if I can plan a BPB nerf ball surprize for them....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

Hmm... I know at Disney's California Adventure they also did this little show at the end. Not sure why they are not doing it on some days? Maybe it depends on how busy the park is?

~smalld

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

I was under the impression they did it every day. Was it raining or threat of rain? Perhaps they had to get it all finished and packed up early because of that.

#4 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

View PostHDLady, on May 16 2009, 11:18 AM, said:

This is kind of a silly question but yesterday's BPB got me thinking. Until I joined the Studio 20 group for BPB, I didn't know about the after parade finale of BPB just before they exit the guest area. It was pretty cool...the girl CMs stay out between Star Tours & Baclot Express while the floats go backstage. The girls do a final dance number, join the floats backstage and the gates close. Just as you think everything is over, maybe 100 BPB nerf balls catapult over the solid gate and guests scamble to pick them up. I was under the impression this was done daily BUT yesterday BPB just went backstage and the gates closed. No final dance number or nerf balls. Is this only done on some days or have they recently changed the parade ending? Just curious because I have friends coming soon and would like to know if I can plan a BPB nerf ball surprize for them....

I actually do have an educated theory.

Just a few days after the 20th event, BPB went to their shorter "summer version" which cuts 4 minutes off there regular stops (from 12 min to 8 min) and i believe also eliminates the finale there.

#5 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

View Postdarthstich, on May 16 2009, 06:52 PM, said:

I actually do have an educated theory.

Just a few days after the 20th event, BPB went to their shorter "summer version" which cuts 4 minutes off there regular stops (from 12 min to 8 min) and i believe also eliminates the finale there.

Darth Stitch is correct. Last Sunday they went to the summer version and this does eliminate the finale you are talking about. The moment you are talking about will not return until probably about September.

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Thanks, everyone!!!! Now I know why it wasn't and when it will return. That makes total sense 'cause it was obvious the CMs were very hot & sweaty by the end of the parade. It IS very high energy and I'm amazed they don't ALL pass out in the heat!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the confirmation darthstitch & IHeartTheStudios

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic