Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADR's 90 +10 policy starting 7/18

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:23 AM

I keep hearing about the new ADR (Advanced Dining Reservations or PS's :) ) policy. If you are staying on-site, you can do all your ADRs 90 days before your check-in date, plus you can make them for the next 10 days after checking in. While I think this is convenient for the "regular" ADR's, I'm a little concerned about the hard to get ones.

My son loves doing the Pirate/Albatross cruises. But they are only on limited days for limited amount of kids. I don't really think it's too fair for someone checking in 1 day earlier than me to have an advantage in getting these ADRs. As it is now, I have to call exactly 7am, 90 days prior in order to get a spot. For example, the Albatross is only on Wednesdays for about 12-15 kids. The people checking in days before us will have a much better chance of getting it and it will probably fill up faster.

Although we don't do the Cinderella or Princess breakfasts (yet :marlins: ), I can see the same thing happening there.

I'm really hoping they exclude the special event ADR's from this new policy. I do think it's helpful for other restaurants since we can make them all at once and get it over with.

Any thoughts on the new policy?

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:00 AM

I didn't knwo there was a new policy because you could always make ADR's anytime throughout your trip. And whenever I have called they've told me its either 90 days in advance or that. My advice is just call then, at that time. That's what my mom used to do and we never really had that much problem. Most people don't think of dinning reservations 90 days in advance, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:52 AM

I consider myself lucky I've never been interested in eating at Cinderella's Castle or any of the other high-demand places. It seems like a real dog fight to get a spot.

Good luck with getting a spot for your kids Fig!

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:40 PM

I've never had a problem getting in Cinderella's Castle, The California Grill, Citrocose, or any of the more demand places. All you have to do is be flexible with your day, but 9/10 times I get the day I want. Maybe I just miss it all... This is when I've been in June and whatnot when its been swamped. Ah well.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 18 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

Certainly it helps if you want a time during a slower time of the year

#6 User is offline   kazaar13 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Woman, Computers, RPG's, Movies, Disney

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:24 AM

After talking with my friend Bryant we planned our trip as to what parks on what days and then called to book food places. It made things easier except for the mexican place in Epcot. They took the reservation and hten made us wait in line with everyone else.

Reminds me of the seinfeld episode and the rental car. :wacko:

Everywhere else was great. We showed up and got seated without having to wait in the lines that were forming. I've already made reservations for my september trip. Though they said if we change our minds we can call the morning of or the day before to change.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

With PS's I still wait, although not nearly as much as folks who just walk up

#8 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 July 2005 - 04:44 PM

They will be doing sliding on the high demand locations, i.e. a percentage of the Castle seats will be set aside for the 90 +10 days, so people staying off property will still have a chance for the seats.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users