Studios Central: A Unique Experience - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Unique Experience

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

Some of you may already know this, but I had an odd experience yesterday at AK.

As you know, I'm back in FL and I start class on Tuesday at the wonderful FL Southern College in Lakeland, Fl. I have been spending the past 5 days in Celebration, FL and the surrounding area with my parents and Jo (who I keep on running into at disney. lol) I've been to all of the parks so far and I've ridden on select attractions at each of them.

I got to go on Peter Pan's flight, Space Mountain, Buzz Light-Year, Soarin', RRC, ToT, Millionaire, Dinosaur, Safari, and many other attractions at each of the parks.

However, my 'unique experience' starts out like this...

Yesterday at 2:30 my parents and I were walking through Africa at Disney's AK heading to the Trails back there and a disney CM named Skip came up to us and said, "Can I ask you a question?" Right away, I knew what he wanted so I just started laughing. He then asked my parents and I if we wanted to ride in a float for the 4:00 parade.

I of course, said yes because this is one thing I've never done. Skip laughed for awhile because I couldn't stop smiling and laughing and he made the comment that disney should hire me because I have the most amazing smile and I seem like I'm always happy. And he LOVES that of me. Lol. So now that I'm embarassed and my parents are picking on me, we walked away from Skip after being told to meet at 3:30 by the big double doors by the Safari.

So we went on the Safari and I called Jo telling her that she needs to come see the parade. After that we walked through the trails quickly and then it was 3:30.

They took us backstage as the third family because we were riding on the Gator Float. We got in costume which included a vest and the safari hats with mickey ears. Then we met our two 'guides' who lead us to our float and would be dancing behind us so if we needed anything to let them know. We got into our float and then the parade started after a bit of waiting and meet and greeting some characters. Also they gave us ear plugs because speakers were right above our heads, but it wasn't loud at all so we didn't use ours.

We got out of the gates and they took our picture two times and then they handed us a disposable camera that is ours to keep. This way we get pictures of our experiences. They told us to take pictures while we're on the parade, so I ended up snapping random pictures of the tree of life, everest, the dancers behind us, and then i took pictures of the rest of the parade once I got off.

Anyway, as we're going and waving to people I was just laughing and smiling and waving. (This parade route seems tiny but if you wave the entire time, your arm HURTS!) I was dancing a bit in my seat when my arm got tired, and I was laughing because so many people were zooming in and taking pictures of us. My dad pointed out that we are now probably on video cameras all over the country/world. So that is amusing. Anyone have a video of me? lol

An amusing fact, as I'm riding in the parade, my mom and I hear my dad yelling thigns to the crowd. My dad told disney employees to smile because they are at the happiest place at earth and would harass them if they didn't. It was oddly amusing. Then he was asking people if they were having fun and screaming 'thanks for coming to walt disney world!' at the top of his lungs.

My mom and I were laughing at him because we had NO clue what he was saying. An older lady stalked my dad throughout the parade route too. We ended up seeing her twice. lol. She was dancing whenever my dad came by and he gave her a high five the first time, so we saw her again sometime later and her husband is screaming, "Here she is! She wanted to see yoU!" to my dad. That was really really amusing.

So throughout the parade route I'm looking for Jo, snapping random pictures, etc and just waving to the little kids.

It started to rain halfway through so when it was less crowded our 'guides' behind us came up and made sure we were okay and not soaked.

There is a portion of the parade where there was absolutely no one around so they were just walkign along not dancing. We had two dancers behind us, brair rabbit and Baloo and the goofy float was behind us.

Well there were puddles everywhere so I turned around and was talking to one of our guides and all of a sudden Brair Rabbit comes running up and just jumps in this HUGE puddle and water splashes all over our guide. he started laughing and beating up the Rabbit. That was oddly amusing to see.

Well near the end of the parade route, still no Jo all of a sudden I see someone jumping into the air and waving like a mad-person out of the corner of my eye, and I hit my mom and dad and it was funny cuz we all screamed, "JO!" at once. I saw a lady turn around and look funny at her. So that was amusing. I also took a picture of Jo waving to us.

I got off the float and then I took pictures of the rest of the parade. Skip the guy who found us was still making fun of me because I was laughing and smiling the entire time. (For those of you who met me, I smile a LOT!) I gave my parents my vest and hat to take back while I took pictures after the characters came through the gate. A lot of them posed for me as I snapped their pictures.

So that is my unique experience. My dad wants to be in all the parades now. That's his goal so he gave me the assignment of trying to figure out how to make that happen. he was... amusing. lol.

My mom took the camera back to WI to finish up the film and then develop it, but I will post pictures once I get them.

Also just a shameless plug but I have a disney blog that will have all my disney trips in it the link is below. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

Great story Jeanne. Please post the pics on here when you get them online.

#3 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Yeah I want to see the pictures!

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

Pics will probably be up within 3 weeks. my mom has the camera in WI.

(reposting this cuz hey, it got deleted!)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   kazaar13 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Woman, Computers, RPG's, Movies, Disney

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

That sounds like fun, I bet your arm would be killing you.

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

Mine wasn't that bad because I was dancing whenever it got tired. lol. I'm a nut like that. My dad had an arm rest but my Mom was complaining.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

Nice. I would love to be in a parade.

#8 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:30 PM

It was a lot of fun. I know what he looks like so if you're ever here with me Miri we can go look for him and get you in one. :-)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#9 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

Hurray! Thanks Jeanne!