Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Getting my AP and taking a Disney noob.

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

Yesterday was a great day! I was so happy, and still am, that I got my FL Res. Premium AP. :mrgreen: Anyway, the day at Disney started off a bit rocky. You see, the first thing we did was my dad went to the Company D store at Epcot and bought my AP with his discount, then we went to the main gate at Epcot. I went to the ticket booth to get my actual pass, and my dad got in line to get my step-dad in the park. My step-dad is the Disney noob. Well I get my pass, and I'm already starting to geek out by then, and I get in the park, I see that my dad and my step-dad, Doug, are still in line so I walk over there to wait for them.Well for some reason my dad's maingate pass wasn't valid. So my dad and Doug walk over to guest relations. After about 15 mins, my dad is really ticked off and said that because he just had his 15th year, they mailed him his silver maingate and his regular one was de-activated. So Doug and I wait outside the gate as my dad goes backstage to talk to his boss's boss. Another 15 - 20 min go by and finally my dad comes back. He goes up to the turnstile to get Doug in and tells the CM to call over a coordinator, and the coordinator talked to the person my dad talked to backstage.

So Doug finally got in. So now we were in, I figured we'd better go get fastpasses for Soarin', got those, then rode Imagination w/ Figment, saw Honey!, then went to UK for some fish & chips. We then walked back to future world and went to Club Cool, yes I talked Doug into trying Beverly and I even recorded it, in hopes of a great reaction shot, but much to my surprise he said it was not bad. But he is Canadian so who knows... After we had our free coke fill we decided to go back to Soarin'. We walked through the character connection, I was hoping that the Muppet Mobile Labs would be coming thru, but it didn't. But there was a NASA set up and we played NASA Jeopardy for about 10 min. Then we rode Soarin'.

After that I figured we should get over to Animal Kingdom to do Expedition Everest before they stopped handing out fast passes, otherwise we would have to do the single rider thing. Well by the time we got to Animal Kingdom it was 4:45. I wasn't sure if it was closing at 5 or 6, but we were told they closed at 5 and Magic Kingdom was closed because of The Night Of Joy event. So we headed over to the Studios.

As I always do when first entering the Studios, I head right over to Tower for a fastpass. I figured there would be a rather large wait due to Rockin' being down, but much to my surprise, it was only a 10 min wait, so it really was a walk on, except for the library video. So after showing Doug why I like it so much, we decided to ride again. But once we got to the queue, the wait had went up to about 20 min. And as I thought, it was because the first time we rode, Beauty & The Beast was going on, so once it was over, all the ppl went for Tower. So now we decided to go on GMR. After that we ate at the Commissary, then did Star Tours and left to go back to Epcot for Illuminations.

We got back around 8:00 so we did some walkin around future world and made our way to Canada, since Doug is Canadian, to watch Illuminations from. We didn't watch O'Canada! because we both already watched it online. We watched Illuminations, which, as I posted in another thread, featured the Earth barge, and I recorded it. After Illuminations we walked around future world some more to dodge the traffic getting out of the park, and finally left at about 10.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the report

#3 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

Thanks Jake!

By any chance were you at Epcot today?
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#4 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

^Yup, and yesterday as well. :wink: Sunday I had on an old Animal Kingdom shirt, and yesterday I had my brown Willie Nelson shirt, it has a pic of Willie's face and says "Have A Willie Nice Day!" :D

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:11 PM

Blixzit said:

^Yup, and yesterday as well. :wink: Sunday I had on an old Animal Kingdom shirt, and yesterday I had my brown Willie Nelson shirt, it has a pic of Willie's face and says "Have A Willie Nice Day!" :D

i saw you both days. one day i closed the door to your tour-tram and the other i just waved cuz the ride was mine!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users