• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saratoga Srpings - June 19-26 2007

#1 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

My son (Lowell) and I arrived in Orlando for our first SWW (June 19 - 26)

June 19th: Checked into Saratoga Springs. We stayed at the Grandstand, pictured below. We had a 1st floor studio with a microwave, mini frig and toaster. It was a 2 minute walk to the main building and pool. The Grandstand was also the first bus stop, that was great for getting a seat, but a drag because it took so long to get out of the resort and on your way to the park. We were also close to the water launch to Downtown. It was nice, but I don't think I'd go back. It's to spread out, so you're on the bus much longer than you want to be.

View of the Grandstand
Posted Image

Artist Pallete, food court - I loved the lighting
Posted Image

We had a 1st floor studio with a nice view
Posted Image

Posted Image
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

I've heard that the bus service is terrible at SSR. When I stay there, I'll be renting a car.

#3 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

QuickGold said:

I've heard that the bus service is terrible at SSR. When I stay there, I'll be renting a car.

I guess renting a car would be a good plan. It reminded me of being at the CB resort. I love it there, but the bus service is set up the same way, it takes forever to get out of the resort and on your way to the parks. I really depend on the bus service because I'm always getting lost. So the bus and it's door to door service is one less thing I have to worry about.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

I was wondering how you liked it. Sounds like you had a good location. The size of the resort is what keeps us from booking there too.

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

Figaro said:

I was wondering how you liked it. Sounds like you had a good location. The size of the resort is what keeps us from booking there too.

The resort was very nice and the food court had a lot of choices, for my fussy son. We didn't do a lot of investigating of the resort because we seemed to be busy with no down time. Because of the way it's spread out I would have to compare it to the CB resort. But the CB has all of the buildings around a body of water so there is no way to go but around. With Saratoga Springs, it seems like you can cute across to other areas a bit easier. For example, the Grandstand is the first bus stop and it goes all around to pick everyone up and the last stop is the Springs, which is close to the main house. This bus ride seems to take forever, but we can walk from the Grandstand to the main house in 2 minutes. We were going to try and walk to Downtown, but we started in the wrong direction and then with the water..... As I mentioned we didn't give ourselves enough down time to investigate like we usually do. Typically we go for 2 weeks, but this year we split it up to 2 one week vacations.

The only thing besides the buses that put me off was that I had asked the resort to check our room for something living. When we got back to the resort things were moved all over and a card was in the door "room being serviced", but nobody was there. I called the front desk, who didn't know anything and had me call housekeeping. They didn't know anything and said that the superv. would call me but never did. So did they find anything or not??? The reason I had called was because the night before I woke up to a noise and I knew it was in the room. Deciding that it was my son, I went back to sleep. The next day while at the park my son told me that he woke up during the night to a noise, and it was in the room. So now I was remembering to when we checked in and went to the AC and didn't return until about 1:30 am. Before going to bed I checked the slidding door, which was open. We did not open it. So now I'm a bit freaked out, wondering what may be in our room. They had never called me back and now it was our last night. I couldn't really sleep, but we were out early for our flight.

So I'm not happy that they never called me back.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:35 PM

the DDE card gives you a discount at the artists palette which is counter service... one of the rweasons why i live this resort!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Kind of a freaky story Maureen :shock: Glad nothing really happened but I can imagine I'd be freaked out too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users