Studios Central: Best Ride In North America Tournament – Your Votes Needed - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best Ride In North America Tournament – Your Votes Needed

#1 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

Theme Park Insiders’ 2009 Best Ride In North America Tournament continues on Monday, March 30, and your votes are needed.

For details and a PDF bracket visit: http://www.themepark...ide-tournament/

Monday’s ballot includes the following attractions:

Pirates of the Caribbean versus Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios)
Space Mountain versus Griffon (Busch Gardens Europe)
Haunted Mansion versus Apollo’s Chariot (Busch Gardens Europe)
Maverick (Cedar Point) versus The Beast (King’s Island) – in case you have not ridden either one, vote for The Beast, it is a 30-year-old wooden masterpiece that needs your support!

The Disney attractions listed above are facing some pretty stiff competition, so if you want your favorites to advance, you will need to take a minute and vote!

Incidentally, Cedar Point’s Maverick bested The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror on Friday simply because none of the Disney fans showed up to help out. Imagine that, a Disney masterpiece beat by an unthemed roller coaster. Sad.

Please take time to vote – your opinion matters!

#2 User is offline   sgshredder33 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Yeah that was pretty sad. We need to get maverick out, So we need to vote for the beast.

#3 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yep, the entire tournament has come down to who can get the most new posters to visit themeparkinsider.com and vote for their park's respective rides.

Oh, well, hopefully the Disney fans will help out. If not, I guess Disney deserves to lose.

#4 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

The first two match ups of today's ballot are in place. You may begin voting for your favorites rides!

http://www.themepark...me/200903/1127/

Thanks again for participating!

#5 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

Pirates is getting beat by The Mummy. Interesting. Cedar Point forums are calling for the Mummy thinking it will be easier prey in the next round for The Maverick. Disney fans are either not showing up, or everyone does like The Mummy better. Hmmm...I don't!

#6 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

The second round of today's voting has started:

http://www.themepark...me/200903/1129/

For those Disney fans who want to vote, the Haunted Mansion is now facing Apollo's Chariot a coaster at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. For those who never been on AC, it is a silky smooth coaster...fast, and packed with airtime. For immersion and theming it is tough to beat Haunted Mansion, but AC, is pretty wonderful.

Anyway, if interested, feel free to vote for your favorite.

#7 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

I am a frequent TPI visitor... I read all the blogs and always vote... but this year I am considering never voting again... ever. Here is what I wrote there...

======================================

At this point I really dont see much point in voting. This years contest is really dominated by a small group of special interests.

I feel like I am voting rationally in congress... no matter what I do the crazy special interest mob is walking away with all of the trophies.

If this trend continues staples like Mythos and spiderman will be dethroned just like ToT was and we will end up with a fry cart and metal coaster (both from ceder point) being the best dining and ride respectively.

The credibility of this poll just doesn't seem to be valid this go around. And this has nothing to do with the parks involved. To see a ride like ToT get stomped for a themeless coaster is really, really sad.

#8 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

I don't disagree. The votes are stacked against theme parks this year. However, two things I would suggest:

1) There is a new tournament next year, with a new format, that should prevent the sort of mob mentality that has overrun this year's contest

2) Vote with your comments. There is a huge difference between the voting outcome and the response of those leaving comments (someone noted this already on TPI). So, vote with your words.

Expedition Everest from DAK is involved today.

http://www.themepark...me/200903/1132/

#9 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Soarin' is up now.

http://www.themepark...me/200903/1134/

Everest won earlier. In a landslide.

#10 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

I hate to say it, but Millenium Force is a better ride than Soarin, but because I'm so pro Disney I voted for Soarin.

#11 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

I agree, MF is a better ride. No worries...the right attraction won (MF), and you voted with your heart. Nothing wrong with that!

I was impressed Everest pulled out the earlier contest, despite it having a non-moving (some would say "broken") Yeti.

We'll see what happens later today.

#12 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

No voting today, but there is a wrap up blog in preparation for the final match-ups pending.

Check: http://www.themepark...me/200904/1135/

If interested.

#13 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

And then there was one.

The final Disney attraction is up for voting right now if you are interested in lending a hand.

http://www.themepark...me/200904/1141/

Thanks!

#14 User is offline   bigwig30 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

Interesting thing happened today. Universal's Revenge of the Mummy was losing to Cedar Point's Maverick real bad. With just a few hours to go in the contest, someone (a fan? Universal themselves?) linked up to the contest through Facebook, and it became a race. ROTM made up a 30% - 40% difference and ended up winning the contest in a HUGE comeback win. It was pretty cool.

Anyone know how to do something similar for Everest? It is losing right now, but the vote count is low, and it shouldn't take much to push it over the top...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users