Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trip Planning for Jan. 22nd-29th

#1 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

I figured I'd write my thoughts here for all the world to see haha. This is the first time I've planned out a trip like this, so hopefully it will work out well.

It will be the second trip in a year, the first was our honeymoon and so this will be our first anniversary. We are staying at the All-Star Music resort, so should be fun.

Our schedule looks like this so far (we're not park hopping).

Thursday the 22nd--Magic Kingdom (probably arriving about 6pm)
Friday the 23rd--Magic Kingdom
Saturday the 24th--Epcot
Sunday the 25th--Animal Kingdom
Monday the 26th--Disney Studios (Disney forced our hand as we wanted to see Fantasmic, and it's only being offered on a couple days)
Tuesday the 27--This is kinda open, not sure exactly which park to go to this day.
Wednesday the 28th--Epcot
Thursday the 29th--Downtown Disney and the 7 hour ride home.

I'm only making four ADR's and probably will eat counter and cheaper service the others. I'm looking at Rose and Crown, Tusker House, Biergarten, and possibly one more but not sure where.

So those are the initial plans, we'll see what changes in the next month or so.

#2 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

for Thursday the 27th (your open day), you should go back to Hollywood Studios. It's nice to have the freedom to relax and follow the street performers (COH) around.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#3 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

That sounds like a good idea. We'll definitely want something relaxing after the rest of the trip. So far the only attractions that will be closed are Sounds Dangerous and of course the Backlot tour. So given the expected crowd levels, we'll probably breeze through the touring plan on Monday and come back on Thursday and really take in everything.

#4 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

Also, if you want to just take a break and eat, you can go to the Tune-In Lounge. It's part of the Prime Time Cafe, but you don't need any reservations to sit at the bar.

As far as relaxing and having a good laugh. You can usually catch the Citizens of Hollywood. Grab a bench and enjoy. The Hollywood Public Works guys come out in the afternoon at 2:30 in front of the Villian store. But after that you can typically catch them behind Keystone. As for the rest of the Citizens of Hollywood, you can catch them in a number of places along Hollywood and Sunset. They always end the day with "The Funniest Citizen of Hollywood", a silly joke contest. That's held in front of the Villian store.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#5 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

We went ahead and made a few dining choices for lunch each day. We are going to eat at the Rose and Crown on the first day of epcot, Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom, and Biergarten on the 2nd day at epcot. I think we are planning on one more sit down restaurant. The only thing with the Studios is that we ate at Mama Melrose's earlier this year and we want to try something new, but we've heard all the bad things about Sci-Fi, Brown Derby is way too expensive, we don't want to do another buffet, and so that leaves Prime Time, and I"m just not sure about that.

Anyone have any good ideas about a hotel restaurant that isn't horribly expensive that serves lunch? I'm thinking maybe Kona for lunch.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

robmck3898 said:

Anyone have any good ideas about a hotel restaurant that isn't horribly expensive that serves lunch? I'm thinking maybe Kona for lunch.
Trails End at Fort Wilderness or Turf Club at Saratoga Springs are both great choices (and inexpensive!)

#7 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

Turf Club might be the way i'm going. We did eat at Kona earlier in the year, so keeping with my desire of trying something new, that may be the way we'll go. I may save Trails End for my next trip, as I don't want to go too buffet crazy haha. Thanks for the input Matt.

#8 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

I don't know if I would call the Turf Club inexpensive.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

YoPaulie said:

I don't know if I would call the Turf Club inexpensive.
The Turf Club is no Trails End in price, but it's certainly not overpriced either.

#10 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

Oh, I certainly agree with that... it's a great value for the price... just not inexpensive.

:P

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#11 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

I sit good? I considered it but have never heard anything about it...

Your trip looks good... But it also looks very, very full!

Hope you guys are doing a lot of walking in advance. :P

Should be nice and cool this time of year to. Let us know how it goes.

#12 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yeah as it gets closer and closer I keep cutting back on certain rides, because we do want some rest and relaxation on this trip. We did commando touring in March so we pretty much rode everything in the parks except for RNRC and Tower of Terror because of my dislike of thrill rides, but probably gonna give at least one of them a go this time.

We are planning breaks in everyday just so that we can go explore other resorts, especially Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and maybe a few others.

Also we did start building up our walking, we are generally fairly active so just adding some extra will help.

#13 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

So looks like instead of a 4th sit down we are going to eat off property a couple times just to check out what's around. Per Matt's suggestion I am def. going to try out NYPD pizza, and got a couple good chain ideas like Perkins and Fuddruckers.
We leave in 36 hours and the packing has not yet begun. Will make it much more interesting during work tomorrow thinking of all the things I've yet to do. This trip is gonna be legen......wait for it.....dary.

edit: aside from my Barney Stinson quote, I also am hoping for a pretty quiet WDW this week. I don't think that the Superbowl next weekend will bother things much since we are coming back on the weekend before. I am definitely anti-huge crowds.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:17 PM

I'd vote for Fuddruckers but Perkins really stinks...it's no better than say Dennys (which isnt saying much). If you want cheap eats, go for Waffle House...not sure if they have them by you but if they dont, it's a real southern experience :D

#15 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

QuickGold said:

I'd vote for Fuddruckers but Perkins really stinks...it's no better than say Dennys (which isnt saying much). If you want cheap eats, go for Waffle House...not sure if they have them by you but if they dont, it's a real southern experience :D

Ohhh....yeah I'm gonna say no to that. Also i've probably got 10 waffle houses in a 5 mile radius, so I'm way too familiar with them. It used to be fun to go at 2am during college, but now....not so much.

I think we're gonna hit up NYPD and then just ride along 192 or something like that one day to find something.

#16 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Well everyone, this should be my last post until I start fumbling through a trip report. The ride down begins tomorrow at 8am. Should get there about 2:30p or 3. I think we are going to downtown disney and grab a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich and then go to the MK for the evening parade and fireworks.

#17 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hope you have a great trip!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic