Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Caribbean Resort Rehab

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

It is being reported that the Caribbean Beach Resort is tentatively slated for a major rehab starting early/mid 2006 and lasting ~ 6-8 months. The refurbishment is reported to include the replacement of all room furniture and furnishings.

#2 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

Great, a mid 2006 rehab. Well I'm going to personally look it over tomorrow to see if is in serious disrepair :shock: . I'll report back upon my return. :r2d2:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#3 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Have a great trip!

We stayed there last year for SWW and it was showing some wear and tear. It was just normal stuff in our room, nothing really major to ruin the experience. Definately could use a paint job. :r2d2:

#4 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

Overall it really wasn't bad. Our biggest problem was finding an adjustment on the A/C that we were happy with, but the thermostats on those wall/hotel type systems are almost always a nightmare to adjust. I know... I have one in this rotten office of mine :!: :!:

Honestly we were very happy with the rooms. Yes some of the furnishings show some use wear, but nothing that detracted from the experience. As a matter of fact, we've opted back in there again for Star Wars Weekends 1. Of the moderate resorts, Port Orleans French Quarter has been our first choice usually, but we our minds may have changed....
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

Overall it really wasn't bad. Our biggest problem was finding an adjustment on the A/C that we were happy with, but the thermostats on those wall/hotel type systems are almost always a nightmare to adjust. I know... I have one in this rotten office of mine :!: :!:

Honestly we were very happy with the rooms. Yes some of the furnishings show some use wear, but nothing that detracted from the experience. As a matter of fact, we've opted back in there again for Star Wars Weekends 1. Of the moderate resorts, Port Orleans French Quarter has been our first choice usually, but we our minds may have changed....
I've heard that the A/C units in Caribbean Beach are a bit...loud

#6 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:52 AM

That would be hard to argue against, but I could put up with the noise if you could set them and not have to adjust them again every couple of hours. But each one has its own personality.

POFQ May 16-19

#7 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

I never had any problems with the A/C unit at CB. My main problem was with the food court, it was woefully small for the amount of people staying at the resort.
-Josh

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

lilchippewa said:

I never had any problems with the A/C unit at CB. My main problem was with the food court, it was woefully small for the amount of people staying at the resort.
I've found the food court at French Quarter to be small as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users