• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

touring suggestions

#1 User is offline   disneybride2002 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:54 PM

:P
Hi! We are visiting MGM for the opening weekend of Star Wars Weekends. May 15-May 19 we will be there. I am looking for touring tips for a this trip, with star wars weekends...we are staying at the swan so we will be closest to MGM and EPCOT.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...we have PS's set up etc... :lol:

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:23 PM

First, Welcome to MGMStudios.Org!

Below are some touring tips for MGM during SWW, taken from the Star Wars Weekend page(http://mgmstudios.org/sww.html)

[list]
[list]Plan for lots of lines. Autograph lines will be the worst, followed by regularly scheduled events. Remember, patience is a virtue. :lol:
[list]
[list]Check the park map for the day to confirm select times for events as they are subject to change.
[list]

Hope this helps!

#3 User is offline   ILUVDISNEYWRLD 

• Studios Regular

Posted 17 April 2003 - 10:01 PM

Get there early and do stuff during parades.

#4 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 18 April 2003 - 01:12 AM

It is also nice to see the perades, you can also ride the rides right before the park closes and early in the morning an like "ILUVDISNEYWRLD" said do stuff during parades...

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#5 User is offline   disneybride2002 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:02 AM

:wink:
Thanks for the insight. I am pretty good about getting to the parks early and getting on all the things I want to see...My Husband and brother LOVE Star Wars, which is what sparked this trip in the fist place! I love MGM, that and EPCOT are my favorite parks I think! We are staying at the Swan so we are right in that area! ANyway, thank you for the advice! I think we'll watch the parade once so my brother can see it!

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 April 2003 - 01:42 PM

Also, be sure to check out http://swweekends.tr...om/sww/tips.htm There's lots of good tips there.

#7 User is offline   lone clone 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 May 2003 - 08:57 AM

Its a great park, but be prepared for the heat this time of year. Trust me don't wear Jeans it gets really hot. Bring a hat and if possible lots of water.

I had a great time ther.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users