Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thrill Ride Progression

#1 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

So I'll be taking a trip to the World in January. I've pretty much avoided most thrill rides most of my life. So given the main thrill rides at the World (Splash, Space, Big Thunder, RNR, Tower, and Everest, what's the best way to tackle them to kinda build myself up for them? I did ride Splash and Space mountain the last time I was there and didn't have an issue with either.

#2 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

I would the remaining ones like this...

Magic Kingdom (any order)
Everest.
Rock n' Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror last.

Then, after all that, you're ready for Grande Fiesta Tour... LOL

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#3 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

After that i may work myself back up to It's A Small World. The last time I was on it, the ride got backed up and for what seemed like forever, the song just repeated and repeated, we could see the end, we just couldn't get to it. Oh the pain to just remember that lol.

Thanks for the list. I'll probably give that a shot. It's the big drops that get me, so I look at that 80 foot drop on Everest and start to think too much about it haha.

#4 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

robmck3898 said:

I did ride Splash and Space mountain the last time I was there and didn't have an issue with either.

I'm not a big thrill rider either. I do love Splash Mountain, and hate Space Mountain. If you didn't have an issue with either of those rides, during your last trip, then I don't think you will have an issue with any of the other rides. RnR is like space mountain, just faster. I would take RnR over Space mountain any day. Tower of Terror is fun, you just have to hold on to the little handles on each side of your seat. I can't help but laugh when it drops. But really if you didn't have an issue with Space Mountain, then you don't need to be worried about any of the other rides. The only one I would question is Mission Space and that's not really a thrill ride issue. It more like a closed in issue. If you don't like confined spaces then don't ride it.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

I would go for Big Thunder, then Space, then Splash, then Rock 'n Roller Coaster, then Tower and finally Everest.

Quite honestly, "thrill rides" at Disney are pretty tame and the anticipation is far worse than the actual ride I've found.

#6 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:29 PM

I say first start with Big Thunder because it's nice and smooth with lil thrills here and there. Then do Splash since up buit your self up for a drop or 2 (or 3,4,5) then head to Space for the speed you had on Big Thunder with drops that may feel but not the same as Splash. Then make your way over to MGM first do the Tower of Terror since you may have a feeling for dropping. Then to Rnrc to rock on a faster and louder version of Space Mountain. Then head to Epcot to experience Test Track since you had the need for speed after Rnrc. Next if you hate spining take lite on Mission Space. Finally last stop at AK. Siince your already dizzy you may as well take a very rough and rowdy journey on Dinosaur. And finally you've been preaparing for the big on. Everest. A combination of speed, drops, and spinning all in a thrill day's work. Sorry got carried away look at my name. I'm the # 1 thrill fan. lol.

#7 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:00 PM

Great ideas, thanks everyone. Hopefully I can report back in another month and say that I rode them all no problem.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users