Studios Central: Disneyland's Space Mountain get Halloween overlay - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disneyland's Space Mountain get Halloween overlay It's "Ghost Galaxy"

#1 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

I don't know. Kind of weird, but I guess since Disneyland serves many more local visitors than Disney World, they need to do things like this...

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/...halloween-4901/

Posted Image

Disneyland unveils Halloween theme for Space Mountain, fireworks show

Disneyland will add a “haunted” overlay to Space Mountain and a fireworks “spooktacular” for the Halloween season, theme park officials said.

The “Halloween Time” event, which runs from Sept. 25 through Nov. 1, is included in the price of admission to the Anaheim theme park.

The “Ghost Galaxy” Space Mountain overlay, which originally premiered at Hong Kong Disneyland in 2007, features a new soundtrack and ghostly and ghoulish projections inside the darkened roller coaster building, according to Screamscape.

The Halloween-themed fireworks show, hosted by “Master of Scaremonies” Jack Skellington of “Nightmare Before Christmas” fame, will include nods to Disney villains.

Many of those villains — Cruella de Vil (”101 Dalmatians”), Captain Hook (”Peter Pan”) and Queen of Hearts (”Alice in Wonderland”) — will also be wandering the theme park, signing autographs and passing out treats.

Across the way at Disney’s California Adventure, “Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party” will run on Oct. 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23 and 28-31. The separate-admission event — which includes games, music and a Disney character parade — lets costumed children trick-or-treat throughout the park.

MiceAge broke the news on both the Space Mountain overlay and Halloween fireworks over the past week.

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

I saw that online as well. Seems cool, and may finally topel over my plans to go to Disneyland in October, but we shall see what occurs

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hmm. I dunno. TWO Mansion overlays? This is a first. Glad to see NBC is getting some spotlight. But uh, bring it here. But I know MKs budget is rolled up in Fantasyland 2.0 (or is it 3.0?)
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#4 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

It's probably very similar, if not an exact clone, to the Ghost Galaxy layover that runs in Hong Kong. If WDW were to do this, now is the time to do the prep work for this since Disneyland will have to close Space Mountain down for most of September. The thinking is that once the prep work is done, the time for switching the layover out on Space Mountain is very short if they decide to offer this in future years.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users