Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekend noob questions

#1 User is offline   WDWNooby 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

This is our first trip to the world. We actually arrive on June 13, 2009...I see that the Star Wars weekend ends that weekend :fett: . When do we know what time the parades are (Storm Troopers, et al)? Can you give me an "inside scoop" so I can decide if this is something I want to attend over that weekend, etc. :D

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

WDWNooby said:

This is our first trip to the world. We actually arrive on June 13, 2009...I see that the Star Wars weekend ends that weekend :fett: . When do we know what time the parades are (Storm Troopers, et al)? Can you give me an "inside scoop" so I can decide if this is something I want to attend over that weekend, etc. :D

You can find out special event times on a special map that will be available as you enter the park, but characters and stormtroopers are wandering the park all day, except for when the actual parade is, which is usually about 3. There is also several talk shows and behind the scenes videos going on during the day. The SWW festivities come to a close at 6 when they have the Hyperspace Hoopla on the stage right in front of the Star Tours ride. This is really one of Disney's best put together special events, and it's great to see the Power of the Force and the Magic of Disney Working together, so this really is a must do. I hope that answers some of your questions

#3 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

Sorry DarthStitch but you got a few times wrong...

The parade for SWW usually starts 11ish depending on what time they decided on this year.

And the Hoopla is usually around 7pm, I'm usually exhausted by then and don't tend to stick around for it. :sleep: :D :oops: :D
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

From last years schedule:
celebs autographs sessions: 10am, 2:25pm, 4pm
Host: 3:45pm
Padawan Mind Challenge: 11am, 5:45pm
SW Parade: 11:40am
Behind the Force Show: 10am, 11am, 3pm, 5pm
SW Celeb Q&A: 1:30pm
Hyperspace Hoopla: 7pm
Jedi Training Academy: starting at 9:30am runs throughout the day about every hour last one at 6:15pm.
WDWNooby, my kids and I love this event, you should check out the stormtroopers at the entrance in the morning, you get to see plenty of SW characters for pics and autographs all around the park, the schedule doesn't come out until the very first weekend, They announce the celebrities attending about a month before the first weekend.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Welcome to Studios Central WDWNooby!

You can find old times schedules from previous years here: http://sww.studiosce.../events-planned

At the very least, when Weekend 1 schedule starts, we'll have a schedule posted online so when your trip rolls around, you'll know what the schedule will be already.

#6 User is offline   WDWNooby 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Bummer...looks like we'll miss the parade...our flight doesn't get in until 11:00...oh well

#7 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

Well, the SWW events actually end on June 14, so you could catch the parade the next day.

#8 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yep, it looks like you can try to catch the Sunday parade if you want. It should be fun being the last one of the event. :wink:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#9 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

I have a question for you. I am trying to plan a trip back to the world for 5/21-5/28. For the star wars weekend It would be just with my husband and my self. My inlaws said they would watch our daughter. It will be my birthday while we are there so it would be a double treat. Because of the cost were planning on staying at pop and not having a rental car. Were up early and stay out till we drop. I wanted to know if were nuts for not having the car and are the crowds going to be nuts. I know there 9's right now on the crowd calendar. But we have plenty of time to just go with the flow and hit the water parks as well. So are we crazy for trying to do this... just wanted to know.. love the page.. keep up the good work.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

You can easily "survive" at WDW without a rental car. Having a rental car is just more convenient IMO.

As for crowds, just be sure to be at park opening and emplyo a decent touring plan and I think you'll do well.

Also, don't forget about our SWW dinner event, which will be occuring during your trip: http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/content...-other-sww-fans

#11 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Not to shamelessly promote our own sites here :twisted: ...but as Matt has pointed out, a lot of questions related to Star Wars Weekends can be found at http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/

Matt and our very own Dark Lord of the Sith provide up to date coverage of all things SWW, and also regularly post commentary and other info in their blogs as well. Not to mention you'll find info from past Star Wars Weekends (from celebrities, schedules, merchandise, etc). So check it out.

/endshamelessplug :fett:
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users