• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Trip Part Two

#1 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:19 PM

Part Two: Saturday 12/4

So Saturday we woke up super late: 11:30 AM!
Guess we like to sleep in. ;)

It was going to be a busy day. We had 3 parks to hit. So we're off to the MK.

Bad idea. They were filming the Xmas special at the MK that day and it was packed. We arrived at the park around 1:30 PM

First Number Nine The Enchanted Tiki Room.
Yes, I've never been on it. At least if I was, I was very little and don't remember it. I enjoyed the Tikis. It make me want to see the original show. I'll have to catch it next time I am at DL. I've seen many posts on how this new show stinks, but I believe its great. Mind you I have nothing to compare it to. However, I'm sure the kids like this modern version alot more than the original.

Swiss Family Treehouse: First for my friend. I've been on it before. Total bore, but hey she wanted to go.

Splash Mountain: It had a 10 minute wait. I couldn’t believe it. Yes it was chilly outside, but it wasn't that cold. We had a blast.

On the other hand, Thunder Mountain had an 80 minute wait. We skipped that.

On to the Country Bears. First Number Ten - Now, I’ve also never have seen the original Country Bears. I LOVED the Christmas overlay. It was great. I cant wait to go back to catch the original Bears. I laughed alot, specially during the "Blues" part.

Haunted Mansion: We had Fast Pass for HM. Although the wait time said 15 minutes, it seemed a hell of a lot longer. And just minutes before the wait time was at 30 minutes.

So at this point we did what we came to do at the MK. We had to make are way to MGM for the lights. However, we decided to stop and eat first.

First Number Eleven Eating at the castle.

So we walk into the castle and are in awe on how pretty the lobby is. We both turned the corner and jumped! Cindy was sitting right there. It was just her and us in the lobby. Great Photo Opp.

The service was great. The food was good. Overpriced, but good. The view was amazing. I would do it again, but for the value, I like the Crystal Palace better.

On to MGM.

So we leave the MK to find a HUGE mob at both the ferry and the monorail. So we decided to walk to the Contemporary and take the MGM bus from there. Completely skipping the TTC, I think we saved some time. I highly recommend doing this.

We arrived at MGM to find ourselves in the middle of a huge mob. I swear it took at least 20 minutes to get to the turnstiles. The place was packed. Everyone heading to the Osbourne lights of course.

First Number Twelve The Osbourne Lights

The lights were amazing. We'll we didn't have much time. Candlelight was starting at 8:15 and it was already around 7. We did stop to take a picture with the snowman. Any other time we wouldn't have, but hey, it's Christmas.

We didn't ride any rides at MGM! No TOT :( No Time.

When the bus came for EPCOT it was 7:30. I was sure we weren't going to make it. Oh I forgot to mention, we pretty much raced out of MGM to the bus stop.

We arrived at EPCOT and I don't think I've ever walked to the American pavilion so fast before. We did manage to stop for 5 minutes to pick up a margarita at Mexico.

First Number Thirdteen Candlelight

Jillian, I know you love this show. It was a great show. But, I don't think it was worth the rushing and the running. We did manage to catch it right at the beginning. Standing of course. We did a lot of standing this weekend. Did I mention that. The songs were beautiful and it was very magical. But I would not run for it again. I drank my margarita too fast.

After Candlelight and before Illuminations, we had enough time for my friend to grab a champagne in France (her tradition at EPCOT) and for myself to grab my Guinness in the UK (my tradition).

First Number Fourteen Illuminations Peace on Earth Finale.

It was amazing. Words can not describe.

So MK closed at 12 PM that night and we decided to go back to MK. Did we walk to the front of the park and take the monorail? Hell no, who has time for that? Since we were by the International Gateway, we walked over to the beach club and took the direct bus to the MK.

I swear traveling via the resorts is the way to go. I hate the TTC.

We arrived at the MK to watch Spectromagic. It was starting at 11. My friend had never seen it. We did manage to ride a couple of rides before.

Splash Mountain - no wait
Thunder Mountain - no wait

We watched SpectroMagic from Frontierland. We still had about 15 minutes before the park closed. Enough time to go to Winnie the Pooh and Mickey's Philharmagic.

We left MK around 1230 and headed back to our hotel to crash.

The next day at check out, of course we woke up late. 10;40 am. check out was at 11 AM. We called and asked for a later check out and can you believe that they denied us! I was shocked. We weren't asking for much, just at least 30 minutes and they said NO. This didn't happen to us at Coronado Springs. They let us stay 30 minutes extra. Again, I don’t think I'll stay at POFQ again.

In conclusion, we had an amazing time. And it was a weekend of 14 firsts for me. Of all the times I've been to WDW, there has never been 1 weekend with so many new experiences.

It was truly magical.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza and a Happy New Year to everyone.

I'm off to NY this weekend and I won't be online as much before the holidays. Stay warm, Be safe, and many blessings to you all.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:07 PM

I haven't eaten at MK before nor have I even seen the inside so very nice pictures.

You went to MGM and didn't ride anything? :faint: I don't know if I could have done that.

Sounds like a fun trip Alex. Thanks for posting!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users