• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Addicted

#1 User is offline   David 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2003 - 04:32 PM

Serious topic...

Do you ever feel like you are addicted to the internet? I find it extremely hard to stop going to message boards and staying off the internet for more than a day. I just cleaned out my bookmarks a few minutes ago and the only message boards I have left in it is this one and a Police Explorer one where I'm a moderator.

I used to be addicted to online video games(specifically Counter-Strike) and it got to the point where one day I realized how much of my life I wasted sitting there playing it. About 2 years of my life. So I deleted all the games off my computer about 9 months ago, and only hop on my Dads to play a little Battlefield 1942(single player) about once a month. Compared to the 5-6 hours a day I used to spend playing games I think its a big improvement. I think have really matured over the last year without them, because the people on there act like complete idiots and are extremely childish. I also found out there are actually people out there that are as cool as me :wink:

Soo... I'm rambling on, but I'd definitely like to read everyones opinion on this.

#2 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 29 September 2003 - 04:36 PM

I know what you mean, i still get on all the time but i used to get online and read fan fic like 24/7 but now when i get on its to talk to my friends or do school work. but i totally see what you are talking about i'm not as addicted as i used to be.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:47 PM

I know for a fact I'm addicted, but I can go on vacation or whatever and be computer-less for a few days. There's nothing wrong with being on the computer as long as you want, so long as it does not interefere with your real life, as in, not showering, not going to classes/work, etc.

#4 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:35 PM

Well. I am a total addict. I feel like I'ma die if I miss a day (Just ask my friend Amber, who I spoke to on the phone all day Sat. b/c I was miles away from a computer)

I obviously can't even go on a vacation without going online at least once (Ask Matt how much time I spent online when I went to NY in August and how I usually have my fiance's laptop in tow whenever we go to WDW)

They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, anyways. :blink:
*Leslie Ivette*

#5 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:53 PM

I can admit that I also an internet addict. I need to keep up with all my favorite sites changing and such. I wonder how I ever lived without it before ...
-Josh

#6 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:27 AM

Though I would love to be on the computer all the time, it is nice to get away. Rarely do I bring a computer with me when I travel (like Disney) Just enjoy the trip and forget everything else. Sometimes I do get a moment when I would like to have the computer though.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 October 2003 - 03:29 PM

The only time I wish I had a computer with me on a trip is for writing trip reports as its muuuuch easier to write them the day of, rather than thinking about it when you get home.

#8 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 04 October 2003 - 01:37 PM

My ex boyfriend and his constant gaming got in the way of our relationship several times.

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:43 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

My ex boyfriend and his constant gaming got in the way of our relationship several times.

If anything, girls keep me from gaming and such

#10 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 04 October 2003 - 10:53 PM

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

ya, maybe if he had done that (and a few other things) he might not be my ex. :marlins:

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 04 October 2003 - 10:55 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

ya, maybe if he had done that (and a few other things) he might not be my ex. :marlins:

Obviously he didn't know what he had :)

#12 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 04 October 2003 - 10:56 PM

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

Obviously he didn't know what he had :)

Good call :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users