• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Returning Attractions?

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

It looks like Disneyland is bringing back their classic electrical parade, this time in DCA, according to this article

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/0...-way-back/6967/

This is kinda new territory for Disney though. Usually if an attraction is gone, it's gone for good. But recently they brought back Sleeping Beauty's Castle Walk through, which had been gone for quite some time too.

So it got me thinking of what if Disney World catches the returning attraction bug? What attractions of Disney's Past would you like to see return?

#2 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

Wonders of Life. Heck, half the equipment is still in there in the respective spots. The rest is in storage.

*Might want to make a disclaimer saying AC Club doesn't count. Because at this point, and with what has been said, it's obvious it's not*
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Wonders of Life. Heck, half the equipment is still in there in the respective spots. The rest is in storage.

*Might want to make a disclaimer saying AC Club doesn't count. Because at this point, and with what has been said, it's obvious it's not*

Well really i think the Adventuerer's Club could find a good home in one of the parks myself. Animal Kingdom is perfect, or even AdventureLand in Magic Kingdom.

And I Didn't want to bring it up till after Con Galoosh, but i've heard PI may make a come back from unofficial sources. After they build some new restaurants, what remains of the clubs may re-open

#4 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

Quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing about unofficial sources (Im not saying it as an attack on you). 95% of the community (online, at work and friends) have said they've moved on. With as many cutbacks that have happen the past week and what was said at the shareholders meeting, I'm willing to bet against it.

Now, had the whole Flamingo Crossing rumor ever picked up more steam, I might buy the theory but not anymore. (Those that didn't know the rumor: Apparently a building was being set aside for a comedy club that was to be used as a "sequel" to the storyline of the club)

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing about unofficial sources (Im not saying it as an attack on you). 95% of the community (online, at work and friends) have said they've moved on. With as many cutbacks that have happen the past week and what was said at the shareholders meeting, I'm willing to bet against it.

Now, had the whole Flamingo Crossing rumor ever picked up more steam, I might buy the theory but not anymore. (Those that didn't know the rumor: Apparently a building was being set aside for a comedy club that was to be used as a "sequel" to the storyline of the club)

I'm right there with you. I heard this a few months ago from my "unofficial Source" and didn't want to bring it up unless it was very directly relevant to a situation. I'm not a shareholder so i don't know what was said in the meeting, but i doubt it would happen, though it is always a fun rumor lol

#6 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

The question was brought up from a group who was there at the meeting and asked it directly to Iger (I believe it was him): Will the company ever reconsider reopening the Adventurer's Club?

To which they were given the reply: No, absolutely not.

Which goes to prove that like in the movie, Pleasure Island, turns people into jackasses. (Thank you Iger or whoever gave that answer)

#7 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

IndyandMarion said:

The question was brought up from a group who was there at the meeting and asked it directly to Iger (I believe it was him): Will the company ever reconsider reopening the Adventurer's Club?

To which they were given the reply: No, absolutely not.

Which goes to prove that like in the movie, Pleasure Island, turns people into jackasses. (Thank you Iger or whoever gave that answer)

Well Iger, like all company head, or Presidents, has fallen to the same old story.

At first he seems a lot better than the last guy, and does a few things right, and than screws up and turns into an idiot that we all hate, until the next person comes and restarts the process.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Well, the MSEP never really went away, it just kept switching locations.

#9 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

If I could bring back one attraction, it would be Horizons all the way! If you can dream it......... :bluecry:

#10 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

Sounds Dangerous.

LOLOLOL

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#11 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

^ Wow lol

#12 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

I think it is possible for old attractions to return, but the situation has to be right. In the case of the MSEP, it's actually been running during peak seasons at DCA for years now.

The Sleeping Beauty Castle wakthrough probably reopened because no attraction had replaced it and because the 50th anniversary of the film led to Disneyland management discovering what the walkthrough used to be like.

I think if a new attraction has moved into the space occupied by an attraction, the old attraction will probably remain in Yesterland.

#13 User is offline   darthstich 

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

I know i for one would love to see 20,000 Leagues at WDW. Not the nemo version at Disneyland, the real deal, and since a new Leagues Prequel is in the works, who knows.

#14 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:35 PM

I definitely would say for my A list ...the Adventurers Club, Tapestry of Dreams/Nations, the original Imagination, Mr. Toad and the Christmas Country Bear show. On my B list... Horizons, the original Living Seas (movie included but updated) and the Fireworks Factory.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#15 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

darthstich said:

I know i for one would love to see 20,000 Leagues at WDW. Not the nemo version at Disneyland, the real deal, and since a new Leagues Prequel is in the works, who knows.

Agree.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#16 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

YoPaulie said:

darthstich said:

Agree.

Me 2. That could work...there are rumors of a new attraction going there, but I don't know if anything is true or not.

#17 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:32 AM

I was quite young when I went to WDW for the first time, so the one ride that I remember from then that is gone is Captain EO.
I know that Michael Jackson has a bad rep right now, but I really loved that show when I was a kid.

#18 User is offline   DisneyNut2009 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

darthstich said:

Well Iger, like all company head, or Presidents, has fallen to the same old story.

At first he seems a lot better than the last guy, and does a few things right, and than screws up and turns into an idiot that we all hate, until the next person comes and restarts the process.

Sorry, Darth Stitch, but I can't see that being the case here. Iger is still doing a great job of getting Disney back on track.

You're only saying that he's bad because he's made decisions that you personally don't agree and because of things the company has had to do lately because of the economy.

That's a big problem that I see on one too many forums. If someone "on the inside" makes just ONE decision that one person disagrees with, they immediately get labeled as being "bad for the company". A VERY flawed mentality, if you ask me...

#19 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

I've been reading Michael Eisner's autobiography, and there were definitely bad decisions that he made. However, I don't get the feeling that Iger is making any of those. Of course, I don't have all the details of what goes on behind closed doors. Let's just say that Iger hasn't been attacked with eggs when he tries to launch a new project (like Eisner was in Paris when they announced EuroDisney)

#20 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

It's too early to make final calls on Iger. I, for one, think that the parks will benefit greatly for years to come because of Iger's decision to acquire Pixar and bring John Lasseter over to both feature animation and the parks.

And in Eisner's defense, Walt himself could have announced EuroDisney and some people would have thrown eggs at him. I'll let Eisner have it when I think he deserves criticism, but building a Disney resort in Europe was not a bad decision.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users