• You cannot reply to this topic

Disney to buy LucasFilm What this means for the parks

#1 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD.
http://thewaltdisney...e-lucasfilm-ltd

Disney buys LucasFilm (i.e. Star Wars and Indiana Jones). Lucas was given 4 billion in Disney stock, the same amount Steve Jobs was given for Pixar.

Disney plans to start pumping out mediocre Star Wars movies every other year, starting in 2015 with Episode VII.

The good news:

*The OTRs of the original trilogy can now be released since they're no longer subject to George Lucas' approval.
*More stuff in the parks.

The bad news:

*Everything else? IDK, to early to tell.

Since 2004, the Disney empire has purchased Pixar, Muppets, Marvel and now Star Wars/Indiana Jones.

With that said, how do you think this will affect the Disney-MGM Studios? Will we get a Lucasland?

#2 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

To me this is disturbing! Why is Disney spending so much money on buying other company's while there theme parks are decaying!!! Example don't u guys think that Epcot & the studios could of used that money to bring new attractions & refurbish the whole parks? Also what upsets me the most is why did they partner up with avatar? Avatar dosn't have a huge following, so to me bring avatar to animal kingdom doesn't make much sense. If they wanted to really bring in the crowds they could of done an Indiana jones land at the park. Just my thoughts!!!

#3 User is offline   Skippy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

You know what's funny? Disney is going to destroy any possibility of the Avatar franchise picking up popularity with it's sequel in 2015 when all people will be talking about is Disney's The Avengers 2 and Disney's Star Wars VII. When the original Avatar came out, there wasn't really any big franchises for it to compete with and it made all it's money pushing the 3D gimmick. I don't know anyone who still cares about that movie and the 3D gimmick is going to be less of a draw 6 years later when everyone is worn out from 3D. I'm honestly surprised Disney is still going forward with an Avatarland.

#4 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I was Shocked Lucas allowed this. But he still has say so in the movies. Was part of the agreement.

Yep. Like I said in other posts. Avatar land will not go over well. It doesn't have the impact like Star Wars or Indiana Jones. Cameron doesn't have a clue if his future avatar movies will be hits. Jumping the gun Cameron.

Lucas is set for life. Spielberg is the one that encouraged him to direct his own movies. He directed 4 of the Star Wars.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users