• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SWW 4 - Day2

#1 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

Day2 6/11/05

Everyone got up early, looked outside and saw alot of clouds. We dressed, "Anakin" got on his costume, grabbed his lightsaber and we drove to breakfast in the food court (again crazy lines, but expected 1st thing in the morning). Drove to MGM. DS got alot of attention before we even came to the gates. We did arrive early enough to see the Stormtroopers on the roof and had a great spot for it. They actually spotted DS and pointed him out. He loved it.

As soon as the gates opened we went straight to the trivia sign ups. DS signed up for the Padawan Mind Challenge and DH signed up for the Tatooine Trials. We then went to the Jedi Training. We were one of the first there and DS got a spot right up front. While waiting, Anakin Skywalker came out from Backstage.....DS got really excited and ran to the rope behind us to see him. Anakin saw DS in his costume and said a special "hello" to him. Then we waited for the training for about 1/2 hour. It started pouring rain! Finally, the Jedi Master came out and started picking kids. Since he comes out when the show starts, he doesn't know how long kids have been waiting there and picks them randomly. I mention that because even though you may be early, your child still may not get picked. He picked alot of kids from the back of the crowd. We were getting really nervous that DS wouldn't get picked and we would have to stand there again for the next training. People around us started pointing to DS and finally the Jedi Master picked him....last one! :mrgreen: DS and the other kids got to duel Darth Vader on stage, and kids on the floor battled Darth Maul. BTW, our little youngling DD started doing her Darth Vader impressions as soon as she saw him :cry: Everytime she sees something Star Wars, she starts doing the heavy Vader breathing. After completing his training, DS received a R2-D2 action figure and a certificate.
We checked out the lightsaber game in the Hasbro Zone and then DS and I went on Star Tours while DH and DD went to WWTBAM-Star Wars. We walked right on the ride. Which was great b/c I expected long lines. We rushed through the store which was packed! Went to WWTBAM...after being stopped by a few people who complimented DS on his costume....and watched the show. The kids loved seeing the Jawas in the audience and the phone a stormtrooper option on life lines. The first guy who went up admitted he didn't know much about SW at all. The second guy said he was a big fan but didn't get the million. The questions were really hard.

We watched the parade. Boba Fett pointed his blaster at DS and a couple of other characters pointed him out.

After that, we headed back to the Padawan Trivia for DS. Luke Skywalker came out onto the stage. DS did great! He got all the way to the last question and got confused. But he was excited that he got to wait with Luke. All the kids received an action figure (DS got Obi-Wan).

Had lunch at the Sci-Fi. DS was staring at a woman dressed as Padame and kept mentioning how Padame and Anakin were married. I was getting a little worried that my 5 yr old was getting a crush on an older woman LOL I stared to get a migraine so really wasn't into the meal.

After lunch, we went on the GMR. Then we headed to the Dark Side for pics. Our digitial camera crapped out on us and the video camera's battery went dead. :( DS and DH waited on a long line for Darth Maul. Darth Maul was really good. He only had about 5 minutes left and everytime he had a kid crying or whining, he would leave the pic spot and "threaten" the child. It was really funny but if a child waiting on line wasn't able to meet him b/c he kept leaving I could see the parent getting annoyed and child upset. Since our camera died anyway we were able to convince DS to get off the line.

Decided against Darth Vader since the line was so long and DS already "met" him that morning in the Jedi Training. We went and DS met Greedo and had a Photopass pic done (which came out really good).

Back to the good guys.....

We found the line for Anakin and DS jumped on it. We were really relying on Photopass for this one! I waited by the pic spot so I could see DS when he got up there. All the news about Anakin was right. He was really really good. DH said he was better than Hayden. It was funny overhearing all the women walking by and the comments they made about how good looking he was. :mrgreen: DS finally got to meet him and they both made a great pose. But the photographer didn't take the picture :( DH gave her the photopass and she took the picture before they posed so it came out bad. You could see in the pic that Anakin is moving into the pose and DS has his eyes closed. Usually, the photographers take a few shots but she only took 1 :( After watching her for quite awhile with other guests as I waited for DS's turn, I could tell she really wasn't into it. We were really disappointed.

Met a few other characters and then DH and DS went on Star Tours. I took DD and went to find Jillian :) Found her at the Outpost and said hello. She was a little busy and I was still trying to get rid of the migraine so I didn't really have a chance to talk to her much (Sorry Jillian!!!)

After that it started pouring again. Found DH and DS and went to the Tatooine trivia. Dh didn't do as well as DS ;) He made it to the 4th question.

We went to the Hasbro Zone again so DS could try the Attactix (sp?) toys. Not a very good advertisement for them! These things shoot missles far and hard! They have glass walls around the tables but I could see someone getting hurt at home. Good thing he tried them there b/c we were going to get him some but after seeing them in action we said no way!

Things were winding down so we headed to Playhouse Disney for DD. While waiting on line we had another downpour and got soaked.

After PD, we headed back to the car. On the tram to the parking lot, 2 men were asking DS about his day and he told them it was "The bestest Day of my life!"

We ate dinner at the CBR food court again and then went in the pool.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at SWW. Glad today was better for your DS than the other day :cry: Thanks for posting!

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:45 AM

I'm glad everyone had a good day:) It's ok you didn't stay and chat, I understand, at least we got to meet :lol:

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

Did you two take a picture together?

#5 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:30 PM

No, no picture :thumleft: By that time the digitial camera wasn't working and we didn't get a chance to get the disposable one yet. I do have some pics on the digitial but they are mostly of my kids. I haven't had a chance to get them off the camera though. If I can figure out how to upload them here, I will try to post some of them.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

Figaro said:

No, no picture :thumleft: By that time the digitial camera wasn't working and we didn't get a chance to get the disposable one yet. I do have some pics on the digitial but they are mostly of my kids. I haven't had a chance to get them off the camera though. If I can figure out how to upload them here, I will try to post some of them.
That's too bad that you couldn't get a picture

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users