Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Years Eve at Hollywood Studios

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

There were about 5 of us from Studios Central who rang in the new year together and the fireworks were amazing, really. Really intense and I've never seen fireworks where there were fireworks both behind the Sorcerer's Hat AND down Hollywood Boulevard.

Hollywood Studios never closed and if you were just interested in the fireworks, you could have easily arrived at around 8pm or so and gotten a very good spot. We watched the fireworks near the tip board on Hollywood Boulevard and we didn't really get "locked in" to where we were due to crowds until about 10:30-11pm.

#2 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

I saw Matt chatting away in the Animation Courtyard but I only had about ten minutes between shows and had little time to get food and get back and ready for the next one. Overall, it seemed a little lack luster. But then again, I've seen the Hollywood launch sites (Been using them since the LMA grand opening event back in 05. I wasn't at the park for the official roll over but from what friends who were working said, it wasn't much compared to what could have been). Little close for comfort if you ask me. Crowds were off and on where I was located, not that I was complaining.

Getting out of the parking lot had to be the easiest in the 6 years I've worked at the Studios. Seemed like, for once, they figured out how to filter the people properly onto Buena Vista Drive.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#3 User is offline   April 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

If that was a good parking lot night I'd hate to see what it was like in years past. I swear I sat for a good 30min trying to get out of the lot!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:31 AM

View PostIndyandMarion, on Jan 8 2010, 11:01 PM, said:

Getting out of the parking lot had to be the easiest in the 6 years I've worked at the Studios. Seemed like, for once, they figured out how to filter the people properly onto Buena Vista Drive.
You're totally right. Merging into the road out of the individual parking lots was less than magical but in terms of getting onto Buena Vista Drive, it was a pleasure. Disney did a great job

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users