• You cannot reply to this topic

Soarin' Preview

#1 User is offline   StoneGranite 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:07 PM

Soarin' Trip Report
Epcot's newest experience

I finally got my chance to experience Soarin' (AP Preview) yesterday.

I arrived at Epcot and made my way over to the Land Pavilion, the anticipation was getting to me as I was walking (fast!) towards the construction wall in front of the pavilion. I really wanted to run as fast as I could and get on the ride, but that probably wouldn't have been the best idea. They were checking Annual Passes at the construction fence and then letting us in through the main entrance of the Land Pavilion, which by the way, looks pretty darn good inside. Definately a lot more modern.

But enough of that, now to the good stuff. The entrance and queue of Soarin' is amazingly well done, although I might look at it differently once it officially opens and I actually have to wait in it. :) The pre-show is done right outside of the main theater, featuring Puddy.. I mean Patrick Warburton as the host. I enjoyed the dry humor thrown in here and there. After the short pre-show, it was time for the piece de resistance as them thar fancy talkin' folk say. :)

I had the chance to sit in the front row on my first ride! I was excited to say the least. After a couple words from Patrick Warburton, we were ready to soar. The vehicles glide up towards the screen, which was very cool, kind of felt like we were on a giant swing (A 32 ton swing with like 40 people on it, yeah, great analogy, eh? :? ) The ride film began and we were Soarin'! This ride is like nothing else, so there is no real way to describe it. It’s serene while at the same time exhilarating. In my view, this isn’t a thrill ride, it's just a great ride. I think I enjoyed the second ride even more because I wasn’t expecting thrills. I just allowed myself to enjoy the sights, scents and sounds as we were Soarin' over California.

Photos:

The new interior of the Land Pavilion
http://www.mgmstudios.org/board/album_show...php?pic_id=1063
http://www.mgmstudios.org/board/album_show...php?pic_id=1062

Soarin' Queue
http://www.mgmstudios.org/board/album_show...php?pic_id=1061
http://www.mgmstudios.org/board/album_show...php?pic_id=1060

#2 User is offline   greenwaterr 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:power rangers

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

cool I love the one in Disneyland and I can wait to go to this one :)

#3 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:53 PM

Awesome pics! Maybe you and I will run into each other someday or we'll have to meet. :-)

Here are my Soarin' pics and the land. :-)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelofsnows...lbum?.dir=/1d75

and yes, i took a picture of the new land garbage cans. lol. im cool.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

Great report and photos Stone. Also, thanks for not posting any Soarin' spoilers :D Thanks for posting.

#5 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

Great Report StoneGranite! Thanks for posting that and the pictures. I really like what they have done to the Land Pavillion. It was in need of a facelift and it got a nice one.
-Josh

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

I was amazed at how the land looked which is why I took a million pictures. lol. I definately agree that the land needed it.
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   StoneGranite 

• Studios Regular

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone, it's cool knowing you enjoy the updates!

PixieDust said:

Awesome pics! Maybe you and I will run into each other someday or we'll have to meet. :-)

Are you going to the first Star Wars Weekend meet? I'm going to try to make it, then hopefully go to Pleasure Island that night since it's a Friday.

Here are my Soarin' pics and the land. :-)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angelofsnows...lbum?.dir=/1d75

Great pictures, doesn't the land look so much better? How nice is that queue!? I can't wait until the whole pavilion opens again, I want to ride Living with the Land and Soarin' over and over.

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

StoneGranite said:

PixieDust said:

Are you going to the first Star Wars Weekend meet? I'm going to try to make it, then hopefully go to Pleasure Island that night since it's a Friday.

Since Jeanne's computer is dead right now, I'll answer for her and say she won't be around for SWW. She's going to Wisconsin till late August or so.

#9 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

QuickGold said:

StoneGranite said:

PixieDust said:

Since Jeanne's computer is dead right now, I'll answer for her and say she won't be around for SWW. She's going to Wisconsin till late August or so.

Thanks Matt. :-) Uhm, I leave April 29th. *gasp* It's so soon! But you HAVE got to come to the MGM Meet next feb. and I"ll be back Middle August it looks like (maybe around the 14th i hope!) and if so we can always meet up. My boyfriend, best friend, and I all have annual passes so we always go or I just sometimes go alone. :-)
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users