• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question for folks who ran the 2008 ToT

#1 User is offline   blueroses 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi guys,

I ran the ToT in 2007, but skipped it last year. In 2007, there were huge issues with runners getting caught in traffic trying to get to the Studios. Was that better last year?

I'll be coming from Old Key West. I'm considering renting a car for just that day. Or will Disney transport get me back to OKW from the after race party?

Or maybe my waitlist for BCV will come through and everything will be a non-issue!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

Last year I heard much better stories about transportation to and from the Studios. Personally, I always advocate for your own car so you aren't dependent on Disney for such things but 2008 was a big improvement over 2007.

#3 User is offline   blueroses 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Thanks, Matt! How about the after party last year? It was kind of craptastic (with the exception of the excellent company there, of course) in 2007. Was it better too?

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

The party last year was an improvement as well. First, we had TSMM so that helped :( Second, I opted last year to skip watching the race and just go for the party and found the first hour to be worth the price of admission right there.

#5 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

View Postblueroses, on May 30 2009, 10:05 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I ran the ToT in 2007, but skipped it last year. In 2007, there were huge issues with runners getting caught in traffic trying to get to the Studios. Was that better last year?

I'll be coming from Old Key West. I'm considering renting a car for just that day. Or will Disney transport get me back to OKW from the after race party?

Or maybe my waitlist for BCV will come through and everything will be a non-issue!

Laurel, I ran the race both years...2008 was MUCH improved! One thing they did that really helped was getting rid of the 6.5K. In 2008 everyone had to run the 13K and the runners were more corralled...the start was still a little to harry for my tastes, but that really was the only down side to 2008.

As far as transportation buses to the race ran from the hotels that were the "official" hotels of the race. I stayed at CB in 2008 and the buses were easy to use both there and back. In 2007 we stayed at POFQ and took a car to the race, but getting into the parking lot was a mess. On the upside to taking a car was our ability to go get food at 2AM...we weren't hungry when the race ended, but a few hours later we were starving. If your not staying at one of the official hotels, then I would say take a car.

The party was much better in 2008, more seemed to be open and there was more food (to purchase) available. They also kept the party open until 2AM which helped. In 2007 after cooling down and changing, I think we rode one ride and they closed the park.

If 2008 is any indication of 2009 race, it will be a blast. I am not sure if I will be running it this year, I might come down to watch or cheer on friends, I am on the injured reserved list :D

Have a great time & maybe we'll see you there

Kristen

#6 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

hi my whole family ran the TOT in 2008 and most of it went well. My husband and father in law and mother in law have all ran the 1/2 marathon so then had an idea of just how well Disney can do a race. The only thing that they and the rest of us saw as a huge problem was the part were the normal road met the dirt road. We had no notice that that was going to happen. My sister in law fell and was hurt for a few miles. THe fog and the lights facing you went you hit the dirt road sucked too. But other then that is was a good race. One thing that I had a BIG problem were the people who would be running then stop dead and walk. I ran a few of them over and they were mad at me. That and there was no way to keep the people who did not belong upfront of the race. I know that it took a while for my father in law who ran the race in 54 min to find a place where slow runners were not blocking his way. I will be running the 5K that they have added. They stating time and the course are different from the 13k . And this year they have also added the little kids race in the morning. I love this fact our 2 year old will be running her Disney road race.... So it is now looking a little more like the marathon weekend. We planned this trip just to do the TOT . We love the fact that it is a night race, you see a different side of Disney,,, I hope you do join us in the race this year.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users