Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WDW Today reunion planning Discussion regarding the 2009 WDW Today Reunion

#1 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hello all. I thought I'd come out of lurkdom and start a new topic for everyone to discuss the upcoming WDW Today reunion.

Have questions? Have extra seats for an ADR? Want to meet up with someone? This is the place.

I'll start it off with a question:

To get from WDW to the "stuff a Waffle House" meet on Dec. 12, I'm looking at taking Osceola Parkway to 535. Does anyone know what the toll is? I looked at Google Maps street view and the sign says 75 cents, but that may not be current. The Osceola County web site has no toll information. Would I be better off taking a different route?
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:45 PM

Welcome to Studios Central Dennis!

To get to Waffle House, you don't need to take Osceola Parkway. It's easier (and free) if you take Buena Vista drive past Downtown Disney, take a right on 535, follow that all the way down to US-192 and follow 192 to Waffle House on the left side of the road (about 1 mile). No tolls and frankly, I think it's easier.

#3 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

Thanks, Matt. I've been down BV Drive and 535 enough times to know that there are a ton of traffic lights, but I agree that the Osceola toll is probably not worth the time saving. With luck, I'll hitch a ride with someone else and it won't matter which way we go. :)
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

I'll be at the Star Tours meet on Saturday. I'm still putting together an itinerary, but plan on attending other events. See everyone there!

#5 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

I am co-hosting a WDW photowalk while the Reunion is going on. If you have your camera with you and a couple of hours to spare, you're welcome to join us.

Animal Kingdom photowalk, Monday, Dec. 14, 9 - 11 am

After entering the park, head to the left. We'll meet in the area between the restrooms and the path to Rainforest Cafe. We'll explore the Oasis and those obscure paths around the Tree of Life. We'll finish up on the path from Africa to Asia near Tamu Tamu refreshments; the goal is to arrive in time for the 11 am appearance of Divine.

(If you have a better idea for a route, I'm open to suggestions. For example, there may not be enough light in the Oasis in the morning, so maybe heading for another area would be better.)

Note that the park opens at 8 am for Extra Magic Hours. When you RSVP, please note if you will not be able to arrive early. If everyone arrives before 9, we'll take off sooner.

Special bonus photowalk:

Friday, Dec. 11, 8:30 - 11 am: Christmas walk and ride

Meet inside the main building of the Polynesian on the upper level near the monorail. We'll spend about 45 minutes there enjoying the Christmas decorations. We'll then ride the monorail to the Grand Floridian and repeat the process. Finally, we'll take the monorail to the TTC where we'll head over to Epcot in time for WDW Today's Grand and Glorious meet.

If you can join us, please RSVP at http://www.flickr.co...l2009photowalk/
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users