Studios Central: I have a small favor to ask - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I have a small favor to ask

#1 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

I have a favor to ask anyone that will be in the parks any time soon. Were not going down to the world till October and were looking for a really nice princess dress for my daughter. I know that it will not be cheap but her grandparents want to get this for her. all I can find online are the really bad looking ones. The ones that look like dress up clothes. So if anyone can look and see if they have a better one in the parks and if they come in XXS that would be great. Thank you very much,,,

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

You can order any item from the park via Disney Merchandise. Disney Merchandise's number is 407-363-6200. If it is in stock you could have it within 5 business days.

#3 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

I can email you a few custom made dresses from Ebay sellers I use. I have one that makes amazing Princess dresses that aren't the usual ones....like Belle's Blue dress, Cinderella's pink dress Aurora's forest dress etc. I get in trouble everytime I go to her site :D They are also much lighter fabric than the costume dresses and easier to walk around the parks with. She does make some of the more typical dresses too (Cindy's blue dress etc) but I like the original ones more. I LOVE the Prince Charming one she makes but my son is way to old to go for it LOL

My DD has several of them and when she wears them in the parks she gets alot of extra attention! The characters usually recognize them & make a big deal about it. 1 time she was wearing Belle's blue dress & Cinderella made a point of going to get Belle to show her. She was thrilled!

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Very cute photo Kim of "Tara of Terror" :D

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

That is the most adorable photo I have ever seen. Belle must have gotten a treat out of that.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#6 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on Jul 23 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

That is the most adorable photo I have ever seen. Belle must have gotten a treat out of that.

thank you all for your help.. I am still up n the air on what I want to do. But be sure that I will send pic's when I have made up my mind...

#7 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

View PostCOH#1fan, on Jul 23 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

Thx! Belle wouldn't give her back LOL She took her around to to the tables with her & to meet all the other princesses. We have great videos of it. We were able to finish eating, paid the check & got all our stuff together and we still had to "force' Belle to give her back when we were ready to go. :D Definately one of those magical moments!

See Matt...she does have her sweet moments...occasionally :D

#8 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

I work at Merchandise at one the Disney resorts and our sizes start at 2 (not sure if that is xxs or not). The store I work at doesn't have the 'dresses' but has night-gowns. i'm sure that if we carry a 2, the dresses will start at that size as well. If not, they will start at 4.
The dresses are nice, but the material is not as comfortable. I think you would be better off perhaps getting something from ebay (though I'm not speaking out of experience). The Disney dresses tend to have a lot of glitter thread which I'm allergic to. Especially after wearing those dresses a whole day, I can imagine that they will make anyone itchy. I've seen some kids that wear t-shirts underneath, but it looks kinda strange. Since you are going in October, I would check eBay out.

I'm gonna be in the parks Wednesday or Thursday. I can write down some prices and sizes for you. I can also write down the measurements Disney uses for their sizes (chest, lenght, width etc). Just let me know what you would like to know!!

#9 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

That would be great thanks,,, I wm also thinking about making her a outfit. Was trying to save my self some time. But that way I will know that it will fit. But if you can get the sizes for me that would be great too.. thanks...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users