• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need the help of Crafty People

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

I'm in the process of Spring Cleaning the house and throughout our Disney years we have accumulated a total of about 50 buttons, the regular Happy B-Day- First Time- Just Married- Family Gathering, a whole bunch from Conservation Station and Disney's Conservation Fund, Party for the Planet 10 year AK, 25th Epcot Anniv, etc... I want to do something with them other than have them in a drawer.
So does anyone have any ideas, also I have a couple of Dream FastPass from AK, MGM, DHS and MK and a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire lanyard with hanging Plastic Tag thing.
Thanks In Advance
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

This is an April question if I've ever heard one :lol:

#3 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

You could always do what my mother has done with all of her pins... instead of putting them on a motorized wheelchair place them on a thick piece of material and hang it up somewhere in your house. That way you can display them and you can look at them whenever you like. :P

My mom unfortunately has lost pins while having them covering her scooter (that's even with them being superglued in place). You've seen her collection it is very heavy and the vibration tends to pull on the material or vibrate them off the basket. :lol:
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Kim this is the same thing I was thinking, maybe a piece of felt fabric, I'll get inspired and do a design or something and then hang it somewhere. We have kept all those badges and now I can't just throw them out.
I also have a huge book with all the certificates that you get, you know, like the magical moments from Sids , Honorary family of the day from AK, jump roping before the parade at MK, decorating a cookie from Main street, etc, it's about 60 pages of all of them...the kids and I go thru them every once in a while and it's really cool to remember all those moments.
Also I have around 20 drawings from the Animation Academy, and I have not gotten better at drawing Mickey after all those :lol:

#5 User is offline   kimdben 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, you and your kids practically live there (lucky you!!) :lol:. I have about 10 to 15 drawings but none of those certificates (my drawings come out pretty good depending on what character it is).
I also have a drawer full of my pins that I have no real place for right now. Where I live isn't really that big so there's no place right now to do what you're thinking.
Kim
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

Just a thought, but a friend of mine started decorating her garage w/all of her kids' school work. She has the work set up as a progression through the years starting on the far left of her garage. Assuming you have a garage, put up the Disney stuff early things on the far left & progress through the garage. Every time you drive in your garage, there are your memories. Hey, I might do this w/my kids Disney cra..or...a...treasures :lol: -Good Luck!

I live in MN, so she put laminate on some items to protect them from the weather, but I have to admit, it looks fairly cool.

#7 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

View PostMaxiBarns, on May 6 2010, 11:38 PM, said:

Just a thought, but a friend of mine started decorating her garage w/all of her kids' school work. She has the work set up as a progression through the years starting on the far left of her garage. Assuming you have a garage, put up the Disney stuff early things on the far left & progress through the garage. Every time you drive in your garage, there are your memories. Hey, I might do this w/my kids Disney cra..or...a...treasures :lol: -Good Luck!

I live in MN, so she put laminate on some items to protect them from the weather, but I have to admit, it looks fairly cool.

This is a great idea, the only problem is that my husband has sole custody of the garage :P meaning that all his tools, the kids bikes, beach stuff, etc is what decorates it. But I do like the idea. Maybe I'll hang them in the kids rooms.

#8 User is offline   labdogs42 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

I had a bunch of buttons that i wanted to keep and i bought a lamp specifically made for collection like that. I put all the buttons in the lamp and it looks really cool! Of course, you can't see every single button, but it is a great way to store them and still be able to enjoy them.. I seem to recall I found the lamp at the Christmas Tree Shops, but I'm sure they sell them other places, too.

Hvae fun finding a good way to display them!

Jessica

#9 User is offline   MercoBear 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

You could line a picture frame with all of the pins, if you don't mind using glue to attach them. I have a frame lined with bottle caps and it is actually pretty cute. And in the frame you could put some Disney pictures or flat souvenirs you have around.

#10 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

View PostMercoBear, on May 7 2010, 02:14 PM, said:

You could line a picture frame with all of the pins, if you don't mind using glue to attach them. I have a frame lined with bottle caps and it is actually pretty cute. And in the frame you could put some Disney pictures or flat souvenirs you have around.

I love this idea!! Take the buttons and make a frame with them and then inside have one of the drawings from the Animation Academy, thanks!! :)
Wlcome to studioscentral MercoBear :)

#11 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

View Postlabdogs42, on May 7 2010, 02:13 PM, said:

I had a bunch of buttons that i wanted to keep and i bought a lamp specifically made for collection like that. I put all the buttons in the lamp and it looks really cool! Of course, you can't see every single button, but it is a great way to store them and still be able to enjoy them.. I seem to recall I found the lamp at the Christmas Tree Shops, but I'm sure they sell them other places, too.

Hvae fun finding a good way to display them!

Jessica

I have more than enough buttons to cover a few lamps :) thanks for another great idea, my husband will not be happy when he sees Disney displayed in every direction he looks.
Welcome to studioscentral labdogs42 :)

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Welcome to Studios Central labdogs42 & MercoBear!

#13 User is offline   MercoBear 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the welcome! :)

#14 User is offline   cindybelle86 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

If this helps yulilin, this is what I did with mine.

I purchased a small corkboard and covered the cork with Mickey fabric (spray adhesive works the best). The cork gave me something to push the pin into and hold it without using glue. It also makes it portable if I decide to put it in a different location. I even have my regular pins on it as well. The small ones help take up the space around the big ones.

Have fun!!!! :)

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

Welcome to Studios Central cindybelle86!

#16 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

For the smaller items (like pins & ticket stubs) I would use a few shadow box frames. Cut some thin cork or medium cardboard (for stiffness) a bit smaller than the inside of the frame as the mounting base, add some optional padding & cover with fabric. For small ticket stubs, use a small straight pin to mount. Push the pins through mounting surface and place it in the shadow box frame. No dusting and no glueing so the pins can be rearraged anytime you want. To save some space for larger prints or drawings, I would buy some large poster frames and use several in each frame to create collages that could be hung anywhere.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#17 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostHDLady, on May 17 2010, 06:54 AM, said:

For the smaller items (like pins & ticket stubs) I would use a few shadow box frames. Cut some thin cork or medium cardboard (for stiffness) a bit smaller than the inside of the frame as the mounting base, add some optional padding & cover with fabric. For small ticket stubs, use a small straight pin to mount. Push the pins through mounting surface and place it in the shadow box frame. No dusting and no glueing so the pins can be rearraged anytime you want. To save some space for larger prints or drawings, I would buy some large poster frames and use several in each frame to create collages that could be hung anywhere.

This is sort of what I did for our pins, but I went even cheaper. I just used the cardboard backing that came with the shadowbox and punched the pins through it, and then shadowboxed. Our Disney bathroom (should it ever get finished) is going to be black and white, and since the frame of the shadowbox was black and the cardboard is white it worked perfectly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users