Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New attraction coming to Innoventions

#1 User is offline   AnimalKingdomFan95 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

A new kuka arm coaster called Sum Of All Thrills.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/20...tions-at-epcot/

#2 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

How did this never take off in discussion??? This is a crazy announcement. I know these types of rides usually get great reviews... any word on AP or cast member previews??? ANyone ever been on one of these things?

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:53 AM

I know it opened yesterday, they had cast previews last week, I'm going on Saturday to check it out
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#4 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

The Kuka Arm technology is said to be the next wave of theme park technology; not only in a small attraction like this, but also in larger more broadly scoped attractions. I think we'll be seeing and hearing about it a lot more in the future.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:59 AM

I need to stop by Innoventions and spend a few hours checking it out again.

#6 User is offline   chopsva 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Plan to spend a good time waiting. Walked by it today, HUGE crowd and one of the "arms" appeared to not be working and there was a group of engineering looking types huddled around something.
A good thing is that they have a mock-up of the ride vehicle so you can see if you fit, etc.

#7 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:26 AM

Cmon... someone try this thing!!!

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

Everything I've heard about it has been positive.

#9 User is offline   Owen 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 18 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

I've been on one of these over in Dubai. Whilst they look very cool I must say they're stupidly painful.

#10 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

Alright here's my review of this attraction: got to do both "scenarios" without loops and with loops, my daughter is not quite as tall yet for the loops. Went straight to innoventios at 9:20am, no line at all went on it twice. The design table is very cool, after you choose you're track you can adjust the height/width/speed of it. Of course here's where the math and science comes in, you need the precise amount of energy to make it work, there is a tab on the screen that shows you if you're over or under on speed, then you adjust. You get to pick the tracks 3 times and then you upload it to the card. Upstairs they have lockers for you to put everything in, then you get to ride your creation.
The cool part is that you see the face of person riding with you, you're enclosed in a capsule so people with claustrophobia should check out the ride vehicle they have at the entrance of the ride first. Also, if you're on the "pooh size" side you should check how comfortable you are in the ride vehicle first.
The one without loops was OK, my daughter was not happy she wasn't tall enough, it's still fun, it last about 1:15, the one with the loops was better, of course my son maxed out on the 6 loops per ride, so we did 6 loops.
The re-rideability (is that a word?) factor on this one is good, just because you can change it everytime, play with the knobs and rulers and you get a different experience.
The line in the afternoon was, of course, longer but my kids wanted to go again so we waited about 25min the second time around.

#11 User is offline   Mouseoholic 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the report Yulilin,

I have a question. How would you compare the Kuka ride experience to the loops on Rockin'n Roller Coaster? I ask because I do not really do very well on roller coasters. On our 2nd trip to WDW our friends talked me into riding the R/R. I LOVED IT!!! It is my favorite ride in WDW. However, I do have an issue with my adrenalin and I am known to pass out on rides. I have to be careful. :) Is it more or less tame than R/R?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#12 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:40 AM

I too was a whimp about roller coaster inversions, I did RnRC this year and I like it alot, compared to the Sum of all Thrills this one is less shaky than RnRC, actually not shaky at all, in the inversions part I do feel like I'm getting out of my seat more than the RnRC, I think it's because on the Kuka it goes slower, but on a scare level to me the inversions are pretty much the same. You do have the stop button that you can push but I doubt that you'll use it, it's just fun, I also didn't come out as dizzy as I do on RnRC. Hope it helps.

#13 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

View Postyulilin, on Oct 22 2009, 07:40 AM, said:

I too was a whimp about roller coaster inversions, I did RnRC this year and I like it alot, compared to the Sum of all Thrills this one is less shaky than RnRC, actually not shaky at all, in the inversions part I do feel like I'm getting out of my seat more than the RnRC, I think it's because on the Kuka it goes slower, but on a scare level to me the inversions are pretty much the same. You do have the stop button that you can push but I doubt that you'll use it, it's just fun, I also didn't come out as dizzy as I do on RnRC. Hope it helps.

So is this similar to the Space Mountain thing at Disney Quest?

#14 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

View PostFigaro, on Oct 22 2009, 09:46 AM, said:

So is this similar to the Space Mountain thing at Disney Quest?

Yes it is, the technology is just more advanced, also the table where you design it has the ability to change speed and height of the track, in DQ 2 people are enclosed in the simulator, at Epcot while 2 people can ride it each person has it's own space so you can't reach out and toch the other person but you can see their face on the screen of your simulator.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users