• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars the Concert

#1 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

Have any of you seen this, been to it, or heard reviews about it? It's a bit spendy, but I'm willing to buy my child's love as we enter the teen years :Wookiee1:

Your thoughts...

http://starwarsinconcert.com/

#2 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

I think it's rotten, lousy, and a totally bad idea.

Why? Because there are no tour dates planned for the NYC Area. :trooper: :Wookiee1:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

I know some who went to the shows in Tampa and Orlando and loved it.

#4 User is offline   jbwolffiv 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography and hockey

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

I saw the show in NJ (Izod Center) back in November, and I loved it. I was really great!
John

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

View Postjbwolffiv, on Jun 6 2010, 02:59 PM, said:

I saw the show in NJ (Izod Center) back in November, and I loved it. I was really great!

Just because NJ is close enough to NYC without being the NYC area does not make it NYC. I wanted to see Star Wars the Concert playing at a big place like the Met or Lincoln Center.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#6 User is offline   ToddB 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

I just saw it this summer, IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! Having Anthony Daniels narrate the show was awesome. I would definately see it again!

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Welcome to Studios Central ToddB!

#8 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

My husband and son, age 10, went last fall too and they loved it! They saw it at the Nassau Coliseum here on LI. I was little surprised that my son loved it as much as he did.

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 07 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

View PostFigaro, on Sep 7 2010, 09:04 AM, said:

My husband and son, age 10, went last fall too and they loved it! They saw it at the Nassau Coliseum here on LI. I was little surprised that my son loved it as much as he did.

My sister's family lives on LI, and I'd bet they didn't even think to know that this was going on.

I'll say it again: If it's not taking place in Manhattan or anything remotely related to the outer boroughs, it's not in NYC. :mad:

#10 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

View PostCOH#1fan, on Sep 7 2010, 06:30 PM, said:

My sister's family lives on LI, and I'd bet they didn't even think to know that this was going on.

I'll say it again: If it's not taking place in Manhattan or anything remotely related to the outer boroughs, it's not in NYC. :)

Not really sure what your point it though. MSG, Lincoln Center, Broadway etc are not on Long Island but if it's something we really want to see, we make the effort to go. We've gone to the Meadowlands in NJ too for shows.

#11 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

View PostFigaro, on Sep 8 2010, 09:28 AM, said:

Not really sure what your point it though. MSG, Lincoln Center, Broadway etc are not on Long Island but if it's something we really want to see, we make the effort to go. We've gone to the Meadowlands in NJ too for shows.

My point, not trying to be blunt, is that I am limited to traveling outside my immediate area by my Metrocard to check out entertainment venues. I know of a local band who plays around the New York area, and their favorite venue for a gig is this pub in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and I am willing to travel via subway just to check them out. You don't know what kind of effort I had made going to Paterson, NJ just to pick up a free Micro Center flash drive.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users