Studios Central: OUR LAST AND FINAL TRIP EVER TO WDW- NOT!!! - Pt 2 - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OUR LAST AND FINAL TRIP EVER TO WDW- NOT!!! - Pt 2

#1 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:32 PM

Howie - 49 year old maniac as you are all well aware
Susan - 46 year old ever so much more emerging from the closet disneyworld lover
Sarah - 9 year old newly published disneyworld author (p. 83 of birnbaums for kids) and daddas little girl

AKL Concierge Room 5305

Day 3- Sunday Sept 30-

This was supposed to be our first day of vacation if we were going to fly so getting into the MK early was a treat. Since we always do EE days while in WDW and our first day is always at the MK when we arrive and lunch is at CP around 12:30 for us normally, this was a bit different since Sun is not EE for MK. We got up early anyway and watched the sun rise over the lodge and all the animals who were sleeping on the savanna began to arise themselves. We then intercepted Mickey's call and had a leisurely breakfast at the concierge lounge. Then off to the GF to valet and then to the MK via rail. We arrived just as the gates were opening and after passing our bags through security we went right in without any crowds at all. Our first stop was Aladdin's new ride which we did twice with no wait. We then did most of frontierland and adventureland with no waits and then off to CP for lunch with winnie and the gang. We also saw the first showing of the new Cinderella stage spectacular right up front and then met all the characters afterwards. Sarah notified the podium at CP about our celebration and we got a signed card by all the characters and a cupcake with a candle on it. After lunch we did most of fantasyland and tomorrowland with few lines if any. Then off to our usual first night dinner at 1900 PF. We had a 5:45 PS and once there we were a little dismayed at the lack of occupied tables in the place. I would say that in the whole restaurant only 5 or 6 tables were filled and we remember that it is always booked there and full in the lobby too. We commented on how sad this was for Disney. We felt like this the first 2 or 3 days and then rationalized that all would be well in the near future and we might as well enjoy the empty parks and restaurants while we could ;-). After dinner we drove back to the AKL and went up to the lounge where we finally met Don. He was wonderful from the start and hit if off well with Sarah and they got along just great. She loves to be entertained and also likes her own audience so she had both in Don. And she just loved to sneak over to the tables and stuff her little face on all the goodies. So after a bit we headed to the room to notify Mickey that we wanted a 5:30 wake-up for EE at the MK.

Now comes a real big surprise for Susan and Sarah and one for me too lol. I had been in touch with CindyB and set up some gift packages for my girls which I kept to myself. So when we opened the door and went in I immediately saw the 2 decorated bags on the daybed in the corner and knew Cindy had been there. But Susan and Sarah knew from my hints walking back to the room that something might be there and they saw something different. On the table in the corner was a big piece of fancy slate with with 4 huge zebra striped white and chocolate covered strawberries on it along with a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and a card from the concierges wishing us a happy anniversary. But they didnt see what I saw and finally I told them to keep looking and they saw the two packages on the daybed. They were both thrilled as they unwrapped each and every item in each of their bags. Cindy did a fantastic job for me and I highly recommend her service, pixiegifts to all.

Day 4- Monday Oct 1-

This was the big day-the start of the 100th Celebration of Walt himself. MGM was to be the main centerpiece for this celebration but we weren't planning to do that park until Wed. So after Mickey's wake up call we headed over to the Poly this time to valet the car. I had promised Sarah that we would be first at all then parks and this way she might get chosen to open at least one park this trip which is a little tip for those of you who want something special if you can get up that early lol. The only problem was that the doors to the Poly monorail weren't opening until 7 AM so we walked over to the TTC to get an earlier express to the MK. But the first rail there left at 7 and wasn't the express but was the resort rail anyway. At least Sarah got to sit up front the whole way around. So we got off first and headed to the turnstiles but there was one family already there. They got picked to open up because we were second but Sarah felt consolation in the fact that while they opened up, she was first over to Space Mtn and got to ride first on her own car. Susan and I took the chicken exit out lol. After SM we did Buzz around 3 times and then Sarah finally got to drive her own Indy racer since her legs finally reached the pedals. I followed behind and bumped her once or twice to remind her who is a better driver ;-). We did AE and then did Pooh and other attractions in Fantasyland. The lines were non-existant all morning so by breakfast time, 9:40 at Cindys, we had done plenty. Now was the big moment I was waiting for. I was dying to see when I checked in under Ditchek what would be the reaction of the CM at the podium since I know that at least 100 Ditcheks of all races and religions have dined there this year alone lol. But leave it to a sourpuss that when we checked in and I asked the older CM if she worked there many mornings and she said yes. So I then asked if there were many people with my last name who ate here and she remarked that she didn't recall the name at all???? While waiting, the Fairy Godmother was holding court and after Sarah and everyone else had their picture taken with her, I felt that it would be appropriate for me to have mine taken with her since we are practically related through breakfast ;-). So I have some great shots of us together on our throne.

Now upstairs to breakfast and there have been some changes I was informed. They no longer have that great strawberry covered cheese blintze that everyone calls stuffed french toast lol. It is now a peach covered blintze and it is still divine. The characters actually had to leave for a while because they are the same characters in the new Cindy show out front so we stayed for a long time and then they all came back and spent a lot of time with us all. We even got to see Peter and Hook running around the back of the dining room outside for their act in the show so if you eat there keep an eye out towards the carousel if it is near show time. Now to Sarahs surprise for us here ;-). She told the CM about our anniversary and we were presented with a pair of engraved Cindys champagne flutes and a card which are very nice. After breakfast we did some more stuff and then since I had promised Sarah we would do a lot of swimming in the AKL pool we headed over to the Poly to get our car and then to Downtown Disney to do some much needed boost to the economy shopping and bought a bunch of gifts for many friends and their new babies, etc. Then back to the AKL and up for a peek at the concierge lounge and then to the pool. It is a very nice pool and was pretty empty. The slide is fun and Sarah and the lifeguard organized some kids activities with the few kids there and played games in the pool like water frisbee and ring toss. Then upstairs to shower off that chlorine and then a nice dinner at Bomas. This was a real treat. The restaurant is huge and very nicely decorated down to all the details of even the carvings in the high back chairs. The buffet is enormous and the selections are great and everyone who works there is eager to explain what everything is. Even Susan who has a pretty bland appetite enjoyed many of the dishes and of course I sampled all the exotic things even the elephant oysters(a takeoff on rocky mtn oysters lol)(j/k). Then Sarahs schmooze got us a special anniversary plate of mixed desserts. The waitress brought over the same type of slate we had in our room and this one was drizzled with chocolate saying 'Happy Anniversary' and on top was a great array of desserts including those same zebra strawberries and two glasses of champagne. So after this off to bed because tomorrow is the already famous 'Sunrise Safari'.

Day 5-Tuesday-Oct 2-

So Mickey wakes up up at 5 AM but there is really no need because it is easy waking up early in WDW especially when you get to peek out your window and see the animals stirring before dawn. This was an easy day because we did not have to rush to valet the car somewhere and be first at a park gate. We just had to take the elevator up 1 floor to the concierge lounge and wait there. Of course we were first anyway as usual. Even though the Sunrise safari was always planned for a 6:15ish meet in the lounge, I guess they didn't originally plan for the later sunrises so we were told the night before to be around there by 7 AM. We got there at 6 anyway and watched everyone else come in. Then Jennifer and Joe, the guides came in and made some announcements and off we headed to the bus out front. There were only around 20 people or so in our group and we boarded the bus to the AK. It is only a few minute ride over to the MK especially if you take the back door in and we were given a tour of all the facilities backstage. We then got off the bus and walked around and then headed over to the Safari Ride. By this time Sarah made friends with Jen and they were walking and talking up front. Now we got to board the ride, up front of course, thanks to Sarah and off we went to see all the newly awaken animals. This was a very slow ride and we stopped anywhere we wanted to to take as may photos as we liked. We probably saw every animal that was in the AK that day and got some really great closeups like the huge white rhino right by our car looking up at us. After the ride we went over to the Tusker House Restaurant. This was a fantastic buffet with a great presentation and we sat at a table in the corner and then Jen and Joe joined us for lunch. We had some great conversations with them and learned a lot more from them at breakfast. After breakfast, the park was now open but it was pretty empty so we headed over to Dinoland and walked on Dinosaur twice. Then Sarah wanted to play in the boneyard and fossil digs which she did and then towards the end I told Susan and Sarah that I would head over to Tarzan Rocks and wait on any line that might appear and they should meet me there. So as usual I was first on line and when they let us in, I grabbed the very front stage right corner seats next to the runway again so that Sarah could shake Terks hand again after the performance. They came in towards the end of the theaters filling and found me way up front. The show was a sexciting as ever and at the end Terk reached over to shake my hand and Sarah's. Next we walked into to Tough to be A Bug where sarah learned how to sit with her feet up and with her backpack behind her to avoid any of the surprises she dislikes lol. Soon it was time for lunch at the RFC and we went in but we weren't really that hungry after such a breakfast that was provided for us. So instead of my usual appy and full rack of Mojo Bones, I just had a pasta and Sarah set up with the waitress about our anniversary and they brought over a free dessert for the table-it wasnt the volcano but we didnt have much room for that anyway ;-). Now over to Camp Minnie Mickey where Sarah got plenty of character interaction especially with Baloo-her favorite. There was virtually nobody around them and when Sarah told Baloo that he was her favorite he danced around with her and hugged her up. Then Susan joined in and the three of them sang and danced to Bare Necessities and rubbed their backs on one another. After visiting many more characters there we headed over to the Pochahontas show and Sarah went right up front. We did a few more things and then headed back to the AKL and tonight was to be a restful night with dinner at the concierge lounge and just hanging around the lodge. We skipped the new AK parade and figured to catch it another day.

Day 6-Wednesday-Oct 3-

Today was the big day for us at MGM which was the centerpiece for Walts 100th. Also it was here that I promised Sarah I would get her the full set of magical moments pins and those free internet pins with that purchase. And it was also my big day becasue for months and months both my princesses were anticipating this know-it-all to make the hot seat and told me that I better do it!! So according to the schedules there was a very early show of Millionaire on EE day and we got to the park first again by driving over and parking way up front. So as soon as we were let in we hurried over to Millionaire but were told that the first show that day was to be at 10:30 AM-three hours away lol. So we then headed over to Star Tours and Sarah walked on, and then the first show of the Muppets which was pretty empty too. Then we stopped by the BAH and purchased only 4 of the Magicical Moments pins because they were out of the Epcot pin and received 4 of those free internet pins which are nice and Sarah proceeded to trade away later on that day(all but 2). So with all 4 of her pins on and probably the first person in history to be going to burn out the batteries in one day by continually accidentally ;-) lighting them up without end lol, we headed over to what I promised Sarah would be her one and only trip with me on Rock n Rollercoaster. Again even at this time there was no wait and we boarded the ride. All I can say is that I am glad I kept my eyes closed becasue once I opened them for a split second I knew that if I would have eaten breakfast it would have been all over. When I was young these rides were fun but in my old age lol I really do not care for them. Sarah of course loved it and when we exited and saw Susan she kept telling her how great it was. We had a 10 AM breakfast at H & V and headed over there and had a great breakfast with much character interaction and also a nice surprise card from the characters for our anniversary. Now it was time to head back over to Millionaire and when we arrived there was only a few minutes left until the first show. So we grabbed a fast pass for the next show and walked into this one which turned out to be a good idea. I learned something during the first game about how to be fast. I got all the answers right but I was never in the top ten and wondered why. I figured it out-if I waited for all the answers and for the lights to light up it was too late. I learned that once I new the answer whcih was usally before all the answers were given. I should just repeatedly keep hitting the correct one until the light came on and then I was assured of a quick time. Well after the first game we went out and got online for the next show in the fast pass return line. We were first there and got in and sat right behind the front people in those special seats. I did not make the fastest finger thing but after his first five questions I was number 1 on the board and Sarah was number 5 and Susan was number seven-smart family or great lemmings or not too bright audience??? In any case after the guy busted at 16 thousand and they flashed the high scores again there I was in seat 277 first again and down I went to the "Hot Seat". Now at least I could live with my family proudly again lol. I thought that I would be more nervous since as you recall from my schmoozing lecture, I am not that good a public speaker in front of others and this is certainly in front of others. But for some reason I did just fine and actually was cracking jokes with the emcee and the whole audience was oohing and ahhing along with me or so Susan told me. So I made it to 1000 with out using any lifelines and then made it all the way to 32000 but blew that question which I actually knew from 2 weeks before on TV but it was fun just the same. So they took me backstage and I got my gifts-a baseball cap with 1000 on the lid, 5 pins with each level that I answered on it and a Millionaire lanyard. My girls were both so proud and sore losers that I didnt go all the way lol and everywhere I went that day in the park everyone recognized me as the Millionaire guy lol. Next over to Indy and got a fastpass and then did some shopping on Sunset Blvd at PH and got some baby gifts there. And then more shopping and back to Indy for our front row seats. We did have a PS at H & V for a fantasmic dinner pkg but we decided to give it up and headed over to the WL for a wonderful dinner at whispering canyon cafe. The place was empty and we got seated right away and had a great time with our waiter who joked all night with Sarah and us. And then Susan made that terrible mistake about asking for ketchup and i asked her how many times she has eaten here and why she would ask for that? she said she forgot and then the fun began which many of you know. Sarah did the horse race and then we headed back to the AKL for the night.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:14 AM

Fun to see all you did in those days, esp getting on Millionaire. Too bad you couldn't win the cruise ;)

#3 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:23 AM

QuickGold said:

Fun to see all you did in those days, esp getting on Millionaire. Too bad you couldn't win the cruise ;)

back then the top prize was still the trip to NY so since i am on long island .........................lol;

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:26 AM

Hºoºwie said:

QuickGold said:

Fun to see all you did in those days, esp getting on Millionaire. Too bad you couldn't win the cruise :D

back then the top prize was still the trip to NY so since i am on long island .........................lol;
;) Ah, yes. I wasn't too thrilled with that prize either

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users