Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Game for Toy Story Mania

#1 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

We all knew this was coming at some point, (At least for now, until others come out) A new game at Mania!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-news/t...nia-attraction/
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:26 PM

Heard that for a while, let['s see if it's true

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

It's actually happening though. It's not a fuel to the fire situation. Both California and WDW have been doing "delayed openings" at the same time for testing.

#4 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

While I'm happy to see an effort to keep Toy Story Midway Mania fresh, the new game sounds quite similar to Baaa-loon Pop, the game it's replacing. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd have likely preferred a new style of game to replace either Flying Tossers or Hamm and Eggs.

Maybe in a future update.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

View Postdarthstich, on Apr 28 2010, 04:26 PM, said:

Heard that for a while, let['s see if it's true

It's from Disney, it's true: http://www.wdwnews.com/ViewPressRelease.as...eleaseID=115010

New characters from the soon-to-be-released Disney•Pixar film “Toy Story 3” are being added to the joyful, toy-full adventure of Toy Story Mania! at Disney’s California Adventure and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition to playing with new characters in Toy Story Mania!, there will be opportunities in both parks for up-close fun with another all-new character from “Toy Story 3” – Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear. He’s the bossman at Sunnyside Daycare in the highly anticipated animated feature film.

Toy Story Mania! – the 4-D interactive ride-game attraction inspired by the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” films – is extremely popular with Disney Parks guests on both coasts. This high-energy, immersive adventure puts players squarely in the action as their game play triggers surprises that deliver a fourth dimension of fun. Toy Story Mania! engages guests in a whole new way with delightful characters of “Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2.”

Starting in late May, Woody, Buzz, Mr. Potato Head and the gang are joined by a whole new set of characters from “Toy Story 3.” The new game greeting guests, “Rex and Trixie’s Dino Darts,” invites riders to shoot their virtual darts at all-new balloon targets in a primeval world filled with volcanoes and lava balloons, explained Sue Bryan, senior show producer, director, Walt Disney Imagineering.

Game players are welcomed by Rex (the nervous Tyrannosaurus rex) and his new friend Trixie (a blue Triceratops and one of the toy characters from the new film) cheering them on. The new game (it replaces “Bo Peep’s Baaa-loon Pop”) turns up the fun with more hidden surprises and the potential for volcanic levels of excitement. Other changes:

The “Hamm & Eggs” game will now be hosted by Hamm and Buttercup (a toy unicorn with heart-shaped nostrils).
In the prize scene, Trixie, Buttercup, Dolly (a doll), Mr. Pricklepants (a lederhosen-clad hedgehog) and one other surprise – all from “Toy Story 3” – will appear with Woody and Jessie.
“Our number-one goal in creating Toy Story Mania! was to come up with game-play challenges appropriate for all guests, from little kids to serious gamers,” Bryan said. “I love that we are keeping things fresh and new by adding these great new friends and fun to join some of the most popular characters of all time.”

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Looking forward to seeing this. I'm pleasantly surprised how quickly they plan to implement this partial layover.

#7 User is offline   GSYdonkey 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney Secrets!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

I haven't even gone on MM yet! :wacko: It's not as easy for me to get to Disney, it involves 2 planes, one takes about 45 minutes and the other takes about 8 hours. Last time I went was in '07, back when it was MGM. Anyway, new game sounds fun, shame I didn't get to experience the 1st one!

#8 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Does this mean there may or may not be a sequel to the Toy Story Mania video game for the Wii?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:32 PM

View PostCOH#1fan, on Apr 29 2010, 06:03 PM, said:

Does this mean there may or may not be a sequel to the Toy Story Mania video game for the Wii?

I don't think the two are interlinked.

#10 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Well, actually, Rex has a volcano level in the Wii game. Can't remember if it's a balloon game however.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

View PostIndyandMarion, on Apr 29 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

Well, actually, Rex has a volcano level in the Wii game. Can't remember if it's a balloon game however.

What I meant was an update to the attraction doesn't necessarily precipitate an automatic sequel to the game.

#12 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

hey guys, does playing TSM for Wii make the actual experience of TSM less exciting?

#13 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

View PostMaxiBarns, on Apr 29 2010, 10:07 PM, said:

hey guys, does playing TSM for Wii make the actual experience of TSM less exciting?

I'd say it makes things more complicated. I tried riding TSM and played it the way I played the Wii game, and my score wasn't very high.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#14 User is offline   Mousekedude 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, boating, fishing, reading, good music.

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Apr 29 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

What I meant was an update to the attraction doesn't necessarily precipitate an automatic sequel to the game.

True, but knowing the Wii people, they're just as profit-hungry as Disney, so I wouldn't doubt it. It's the nature of the beast, actually. Gaming companies are very competetive, and always want to upgrade everything to try and stay ahead of the competition. It's also actually necessary. Once you've played a game a certain amount, you tend to lose interest in it, so an upgrade would stir more interest. I think they'll do it. I'm actually surprised they haven't already. :unsure:
I'm not a Disney freak... I'm NOT, I tell you... no way.... you can't prove it....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users