• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WDW website - Need to vent!!!!!

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ok, so anyone who has used the WDW website knows it has some issues. They are usually the last to post information and even then they don't give much detail but this morning I've decided they have hit an all-time low in being user firendly and providing info....

I wanted to view some park hours which used to be a simple task. Go to the WDW section of disney.go, click on Calendar and voila... a calendar "magically" appeared. Granted, it was a bit clunky to open each day to see entertainment times & operational updates but IT WORKED. This morning I went to the WDW website and it took several clicks and searches to even FIND anyting that resembles a calendar. It will only display 10 days at a time and there is no detail (entertainment, parade times, fireworks times, operational updates) anywhere I can find. I've already zipped off a "contact us" to them but this is so annoying!!!!!! UGH!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

This has been the main problem with the new site, it's been like this for a couple of weeks now (that I have noticed), alot of people have e-mail to complain and the enswer they've received is that it should be fixed by this next week. Alot of angry people are trying to plan their vacations and so far, Disney has come short. :oops:

#3 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

why not just the old linky :idea: :

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_G...0501&bhcp=1

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Howie said:

THANKS!!!! I didn't have it bookmarked and couldn't find it using their dumb search!!!!! You are the BEST!!!!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:39 PM

HDLady said:

Howie said:

THANKS!!!! I didn't have it bookmarked and couldn't find it using their dumb search!!!!! You are the BEST!!!!

you know its not really the old link because it is to the UK disney site but the calendar is the same ;-) ;

#6 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

I hadn't been on the new site to check out the calendars, and, actually, i MUCH prefer this new way to the old way.

Consider this:

1) The old calendar pages only showed you one park at a time... to plan which park to visit on which day, you needed at least 6 clicks just to see the park hours, water park hours, and extra magic hours during your stay. With the new method, you see all of the park hours on one page, including the water parks.

2) The ten day window makes sense, as that's the longest single-stay ticket they sell. The VAST majority of WDW guests would prefer to choose to start looking based on the day they check in, and, as noted in #1, all the hours for everything during their 10 day stay is all on one page.

3) You must keep in mind that You, I, and anyone else on this or any other Disney message board or podcast listener is NOT a "normal guest". The website is set up to assist the first timer, in my opinion.

ALL of that said... the new site has the same issue as the old site with regard to a severe lack of detail... we completly agree on that! :D

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

I just go to the Canadian WDW site and it's the old version.

#8 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

YoPaulie said:

I hadn't been on the new site to check out the calendars, and, actually, i MUCH prefer this new way to the old way.

...ALL of that said... the new site has the same issue as the old site with regard to a severe lack of detail... we completly agree on that! :D

If it actually WORKED, I don't mind the way they have it set up but to not be able to view fireworks & parade times, operational updates, etc. is just plain annoying regardless of your status as occasional "normal" vacationer or park regular!!!! I can't believe a company with the I/T resources Disney has would install something so germaine to their business (helping guests plan) without some debugging and basic criteria for being production ready. It's just very unprofessional of their web development staff and managers!!!!! (Sorry, my I/T Project Manager geek just escaped for a moment - I try to keep it under control but I don't know how many times I've sent notes to them pointing out errors, updates needed, etc.... :roll: ) Guess I will just be using the Canada or UK calendar until they figure out how to do their job.....
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users